My Wii-U nightmare... what are the chances?

#1Sir_PennyworthPosted 6/19/2011 3:46:03 PM
Pre-order Legend of Zelda for the Wii-U at Amazon and receive a code to download the classic Link tunic! The code to access the exclusive content will be emailed to you the day your order ships.

Pre-order Super Mario Galaxy U at Gamestop, and receive access to bonus Gamestop themed planet! Code will be included with the game.

Reserve Metroid U at Best Buy, and receive code to unlock ridiculously overpowered game breaking plasma gun!

All bonuses will be available for download at additional cost...

What are the chances that Nintendo will stay the course and avoid giving in to the easy money of DLC bonuses with the Wii-U?
---
Are you a hockey fan?
No, I'm American. - The Daily Show
#2TottentanzPosted 6/19/2011 3:59:35 PM
The other consoles are plagued with DLC where a $50-$60 game becomes more like $80-$100 with all the content they try to sell to you after your game is released, and with Nintendo stepping up to the core gamer market, you cant help but accept that this will happen to Nintendo.

The good news is that Nintendo will most likely not do that to you. They make complete games and dont hold things back from their consumers, and hopefully they will encourage the developers to stop that when they put things on the U.

I really cant say for certain how much Nintendo will do to defend its gamers from companies that think they can hold back content just to sell it to their fans later for additional profit. According to some people on this board, 25gb is not needed for modern games and all content can easily fit on a dvd, so this added room should be more than enough to throw on all the stuff they hold back to charge people later for.

I dont mind companies charging people who dont pre-order games a fee for the stuff that they give free to the people that pre-order a game, but the companies that put together maps and gun packs that they sell to the consumer that ad nothing to the game but a little flavor should just be put on the disc to begin with.
#3Auzzie_WingmanPosted 6/19/2011 4:01:58 PM
I feel Nintendo's games won't, but third parties will more than likely have a DLC thing (Especially Capcom ;D )
---
---Ninja of the Layton VS Gyakuten Boards---3DS Friend Code: 1246 - 8736 - 6899
As a ninja, I can teleport, high jump, throw knives, and play exploding violins
#4Sir_Pennyworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2011 4:06:20 PM
I feel Nintendo's games won't, but third parties will more than likely have a DLC thing (Especially Capcom ;D )

Honestly, I was very happy that Capcom didn't pull a SFIV with TvC. Hell, they could have sold us the extra characters for the US version separately, but they didn't, so I give them credit for that.
---
Are you a hockey fan?
No, I'm American. - The Daily Show
#5drewtralPosted 6/19/2011 4:06:49 PM
80/20, in favor of them not doing so. As much as the company drives me nuts at times, I think they're smart enough to avoid this.
#6CypherSkillsPosted 6/19/2011 4:10:21 PM
Fresh DLC in some big nintendo franchises would be awesome. New characters in smash bros? Yes please. New levels in Pikmin 3? Yes please. Exclusive levels when preordering at gamestop? NO
---
Heart Gold : 4512 6236 3604