Miyamoto Discusses the new conroller

#1TottentanzPosted 6/20/2011 8:18:45 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1177587p1.html

One thing new that I noted was on the second page of the article, Miyamoto talked about gaming on the pad while using the main screen to see what your friends are up to on the Nintendo network.

Basically, the console can be used for the internet while you continue the game on the pad? Do you think that the horsepower of the new console would be great enough to handle someone playing Wiiware on the pad while someone plays another game on the main screen?
#2darkjedilinkPosted 6/20/2011 8:23:31 PM
I thought they already ruled that out.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#3BigCedPosted 6/20/2011 8:47:13 PM
While I don't think you'll be able to play 2 games at once. The multicore processor might allow you to play around the system menus and/or the online menu while play angry birds
---
PSN: Yo_Knightmare
When you run, you only die tired.
#4Tottentanz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2011 11:35:45 AM
bump
#5EoinPosted 6/21/2011 2:23:13 PM
You probably do not actually want the console to be in a position where you can play any game on a pad and any other game on the TV at the same time. That would mean that the console would have to be able to play two games at once (obviously), which would mean that any game could only use a restricted portion of the machine's power (less than half). Effectively it would mean that the console was never fully utilised (or even close to fully utilised) by one game.

The best you can hope for is that the TV can play one game and the controller can play another, much simpler game, at the same time, such as chess or Tetris or whatever.