Will we be able to purchase and dl games to an external HD?

#1boosh61Posted 6/22/2011 3:28:48 PM
Yep?
---
Currently on - Dreamcast, PS1/2, PSP, DS
#2ssjmolePosted 6/22/2011 3:29:52 PM
I hope so
---
*Gets on his knees and worships Beth Phoenix*
#3darkjedilinkPosted 6/22/2011 3:32:26 PM
Yes. This was confirmed long ago.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#4Double_DipperPosted 6/22/2011 3:35:03 PM(edited)
i doubt it

I don't think it's a good business move to allow everyone to store their arcade/dl games on a external hdd, piracy and such

---
Gut Cassidy and the Sundance Cheeseburger
Classic Sefirosu
#5boosh61(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2011 3:36:11 PM
That's awesome, helps me get around the region-locking bs if I buy a US WiiU and just get games from Nintendo's online store when I'm abroad.
---
#6Sirian_HawkPosted 6/22/2011 3:40:16 PM
They will probably have some way of limiting the game to only play on the Wii-U it was downloaded to, as to preventing copying and such. For example if you use the gamertag function of X360. The game will be restricted to that gamertag and thus only play on the system with it. System breaks? Recover your GT on your next console and keep playing. This is just a quick example though.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#7Double_DipperPosted 6/22/2011 3:41:12 PM

They will probably have some way of limiting the game to only play on the Wii-U it was downloaded to, as to preventing copying and such. For example if you use the gamertag function of X360. The game will be restricted to that gamertag and thus only play on the system with it. System breaks? Recover your GT on your next console and keep playing. This is just a quick example though.

I'm sure it will hold back the hackers for 5 or 6.........days
---
Classic Sefirosu
#8darkjedilinkPosted 6/22/2011 3:58:16 PM
boosh61 posted...
That's awesome, helps me get around the region-locking bs if I buy a US WiiU and just get games from Nintendo's online store when I'm abroad.

Yeah, cuz they're too stupid to have the game do a region check on your system before you play it, or have the store check your firmware to make sure your system isn't modded...
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#9Double_DipperPosted 6/22/2011 4:02:16 PM

Yeah, cuz they're too stupid to have the game do a region check on your system before you play it, or have the store check your firmware to make sure your system isn't modded...

you can play easily play ntsc wii games on a modded pal system

not that i have any experience with this whatsoever mods :>
---
Classic Sefirosu
#10boosh61(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2011 4:09:40 PM
darkjedilink posted...
boosh61 posted...

No dude I meant buy a US console and buy US games for it from the estore, not pal games... I'm from the US but even I know Europeans get shafted when it comes to game releases.
---