What the Wii U needs: A Metroid Prime Trilogy HD remake done right.

#1king_mike77Posted 6/29/2011 1:58:49 PM
HD (of course), better graphics (not just pulling the standard definition to make it look like HD, but actually making the game into 1080 from the ground up), better sound quality, added stuff like extra places to explore, extra bosses to fight, a new "Insane" difficulty added, and some really awesome DLC (even better if it was given to us for free).

A lot of people did not have the pleasure of playing the Prime games, this would be the perfect way to make them do so.
#2Double_DipperPosted 6/29/2011 3:06:52 PM
don't forget to make it playable with the Upad / CCP

no silly motion stuff
---
Gut Cassidy and the Sundance Cheeseburger
Classic Sefirosu
#3Big_IsaacPosted 6/29/2011 3:19:19 PM
no
I'd agree if Metroid Prime trilogy didn't exist, but fortunately it does, so a remake of a game that is still playable on the same exact console (hurray for BC) would be a waste of time

don't start whining about how Prime 1 and 2 look ever so slightly worse in the trilogy version. it didn't take away anything from the experience and Corruptions motion controls did nothing but improve them overall.

I have no idea why people are so eager for remakes and ports. why wouldn't you want Retro to work on a NEW Metroid game for the WiiU instead?
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (out of 10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 7.5, VII: 6, VIII: 3, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 8.5, XII: 8
#4AwesomeMarioPosted 6/29/2011 3:22:31 PM
I want a Metroid Game at launch so I can get into the series cause the only one I played was prime 3 even though I finished it luckily ( had a lot of disc errors cause the disc was scratched as hell) I couldn't get into playing more but I want to give it another try
---
waiting for Wii U.
#5Double_DipperPosted 6/29/2011 3:25:06 PM

and Corruptions motion controls did nothing but improve them overall.

hahaha good one
---
Gut Cassidy and the Sundance Cheeseburger
Classic Sefirosu
#6NyyarkPosted 6/29/2011 4:44:28 PM
The motion control in Prime 1 and 2 from trilogy is almost universally regarded as good.

I disagree, what the Wii U needs is the ability to upscale wii games' textures like the dolphin emulator, not more ports of the same games.
#7robat223Posted 6/29/2011 4:57:00 PM
Just what we need more remakes. Seems like 1/2 of nintendo's releases now are remakes of old games. I guess that's what their sheep want though! Thinking of their fans first i guess.
---
I'm a quantum chemist. Gamertag= Robat93
PSN= thegreatusurper
#8MW2_Main_MenuPosted 6/29/2011 5:20:09 PM
The MPT controls were pretty good iirc.
---
GT: MW2 Main Menu
Zombie Kill of the Week?
#9MrYellowPenguinPosted 6/29/2011 5:26:15 PM
The Wii version is perfect as it. is. The new controls controls greatly improved Prime 1 and 2. You're able to move and smoothly aim and you're able to jump once while in the morphball without using any bombs. I the trilogy didn't exist on the Wii I'd be all for it on the Wii U with Wii Remote and Nunchuck support. But, it does. I'd rather a new Metroid Prime game be made in the future rather than their first three be remade again with a coat of HD paint.
#10CyborgCthulhuPosted 6/29/2011 5:38:38 PM
More HD remakes (Nintendo fans said these were the worst until the Wii U, how weird) and re-releases? I think new games would be better.