So, a few things that are important to know about Wii U.

#1The RobPosted 6/30/2011 7:15:33 AM
A) Graphics are not the most important thing. It's nice to have HD, nobody ever ignorantly said they don't want HD, and it's also nice to be more in-line with the competition (for multiplats), but gaming is still about the experience and that can't be offered by any one thing.

B) The tablet controller presents new possibilities, whether you can imagine them or not is not everybody else's problem. Using previous gen controllers is also a smart way to bring in casuals who may not want to shell out the extra $180-$200 to get 3 new controllers with a new console. Keep in mind PS1 controllers work on PS2 and PS2 controllers work on PS3 with an adapter so it's not exactly a new idea. You might even say Nintendo ripped off Sony for once.

C) Wii U might be more powerful than current gen consoles or it might be on par with. Far too much emphasis gets put into the numbers when it's actually more about the developpers being able to use the hardware to its maximum capability. Past trends seem to have developpers not being able to push the hardware to its limits until the end of the console's life (except Wii anyway) so it shouldn't be something to worry or gloat about in either case. Nobody sensible is saying WiiU will blow its competition of out of the water so stop pretending they are.

Just a few things to keep in mind. If you don't like WiiU, that's fine, you don't need to make tons of topics about why you won't be buying it or why this might this or that feature might fail. Nobody cares about your opinion and I'm sure nobody cares about this either but I thought it should be said. Enjoy.
---
Dutch: Who are you? And how did you get in here?
Frank: I'm a locksmith... and I'm a locksmith.
#2CPUXPosted 6/30/2011 7:19:56 AM
Must...counter argue with this...

...out of spite...
---
Black Ops - wP/Snake - 1338 7965 5875
This sentence is false. I am lying.
#3knightimexPosted 6/30/2011 7:30:43 AM(edited)
Wii U has to be more HD than ps3 and 360 other wise it's pointless buying games for Wii U when they are the same on ps3 or 360.

By more HD I mean higher resolution, more MSAA or FSAA (less jaggies) and better frame rates + whatever graphical improvements wii u can offer ps3 and 360 can't
---
No 8th Generation on GameFaqs.
Only this: http://imageshack.us/f/864/gamefaqslolzqb.jpg/
#4ArabrockermanXPosted 6/30/2011 7:36:57 AM

knightimex posted...
Wii U has to be more HD than ps3 and 360 other wise it's pointless buying games for Wii U when they are the same on ps3 or 360.

By more HD I mean higher resolution, more MSAA or FSAA (less jaggies) and better frame rates + whatever graphical improvements wii u can offer ps3 and 360 can't

Exactly if its only equal or barely more powerful buying a WiiU is a waste because it will lose 3rd party support a few years into the 720/ps4 release. It doesn't have to be equal to the ps4/720 or even close just enough(not like the Wii) that the cost of development puts it at an advantage with third party developers.

#5Karmic Dragon2003Posted 6/30/2011 11:32:05 AM
Wii U has to be more HD than ps3 and 360 other wise it's pointless

I really, really wanna sig this.
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 107 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#6IntoTheN1ghtPosted 6/30/2011 11:58:02 AM
He did not word it right, but his point is actually good

Why would the 100 million owners of a 360 or PS3 even consider a WiiU if they can play the same games on their current consoles? You are basically offering them nothing.

You are a attaching a brand "Wii" on your console which stands for a few things many gamers today do not care about, motion gaming and shovelware by the dozen and the icing on the cake is the outright lousy 2003 online system.

But the tablet controller will change gaming!

Like the Wiimote did? Change what? It did not change anything, most people still prefer the classic gamepad for their gaming needs.

Nintendo already has a terrible reputation with this crowd as being nothing but a gimmick machine, trying to sell accessories to gullible people who believe they will lose weight playing this game or actually play tennis.
---
Look at my game it must hurt! GA GA GA GA GA Hooray for me! In your face! You cant deny me, its to real for you!
#7Karmic Dragon2003Posted 6/30/2011 11:59:59 AM
Again, anyone who cares about graphics would get a decent gaming rig.

Why did you buy a Wii, my good sir?
---
#8IntoTheN1ghtPosted 6/30/2011 12:05:06 PM
Again, anyone who cares about graphics would get a decent gaming rig.

Why did you buy a Wii, my good sir?

Graphics my good sir, are not the main issue

The issue is that because the Wii was so far behind the other 2 technology wise, it was basically impossible to port many of the games over to the Wii. It actually required developers to fully remake the entire game from scratch and that was simply not worth it.

You see how "lol bad graphics!" affects the whole system now?

Cant have good games when your entire library is infested to the neck with Cooking Mamas, Rifle Hunting games, Mini game collections and the like.
---
Look at my game it must hurt! GA GA GA GA GA Hooray for me! In your face! You cant deny me, its to real for you!
#9Karmic Dragon2003Posted 6/30/2011 12:16:12 PM
Cant have good games when your entire library is infested to the neck with Cooking Mamas, Rifle Hunting games, Mini game collections and the like.

But the PS2 had virtually the best library ever? The NES library wasn't too shabby either.
---
#10kaiserzero61Posted 6/30/2011 1:37:01 PM
Well look who it is! My GP buddy Intothenight!

IntoTheN1ght posted...
You are a attaching a brand "Wii" on your console which stands for a few things many gamers today do not care about, motion gaming and shovelware by the dozen and the icing on the cake is the outright lousy 2003 online system.

You fail to realize that with the Wii brand strength, it will make it easier for Nintendo to draw in the 87+ mil. that bought the Wii. You don't speak for everybody when you say:
''NOONE CARES ABOUT MOTION GAMING''
Maybe you don't, but how many families do?

But the tablet controller will change gaming!

It will and you'll eat your words like you did with the Wii.

Like the Wiimote did? Change what? It did not change anything, most people still prefer the classic gamepad for their gaming needs.

It changed a lot of things. The gaming landscape has changed. Sony and MS each came out with their own motion control devices.
A whole new market opened. You poor short sighted Sony fanboy.
Jeff Dante is disappoint.
---
''Capitalism, ho!'' - Recette, Recettear, PC
''He's more into tidal swells than the rise and fall of my heaving bosom.''-Nadia,Alundra, PS1