The nintendo hate is really starting to bug me

#121Sirian_HawkPosted 7/4/2011 6:16:04 PM
AceMos posted...
ive played every metorid game (except humnters and pinball trying to find acopy of hunters) and i ama female gamer i found samus beign showed as a week willed woman to be verry offensive

and the ridley sceen theres no excuse for it

a real fan of a series will be offeneded when achar theyve grown to love is shown in sucha negetive light

Why is it negative? Just because she isn't the Samus you want her to be? This is exactly what I referred to. It isn't that the game is bad or not fun. You just don't like it because it wasn't what you wanted.

I'm not a fan of games. I am a fan of gaming. Therefore, if a game entertains me for at least a little while, then it was a good game. Other M succeeded in that for me.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#122IcedEarthaholicPosted 7/4/2011 6:29:51 PM
While I wasn't to crazy about Samus' personality in Other M, I did like the gameplay, that in itself is what matters most. If the game was broken, glitchy and downright unplayable, absolutely I would say it sucked. But it's far from it.

I don't hate Nintendo, as they consistantly make some of the best games in existance. What I do hate though, is Nintendo's atitude towards the American gamer of late, and their promising one thing, but doing another thing completely. They promised to cater to core gamers with the Wii U, but they neglect the big three completely here in the States. Want to build the goodwill bridge? Get the games localized. End of story.

Some folks posted an old article saying NoA has little say in what comes here. That's not entirely true. I cited an example of such a case where a game got trashed by Reggie and as a result it's NA release was canned, and I will do so again. There are other cases too where games DID come to NA due to NoA's say-so. Nice try with that old-ass article though, you can do much better.
---
PR Advisor and Co-Founder for United For Tales:
http://www.unitedfortales.org/
#123AceMosPosted 7/4/2011 6:59:44 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
AceMos posted...
ive played every metorid game (except humnters and pinball trying to find acopy of hunters) and i ama female gamer i found samus beign showed as a week willed woman to be verry offensive

and the ridley sceen theres no excuse for it

a real fan of a series will be offeneded when achar theyve grown to love is shown in sucha negetive light

Why is it negative? Just because she isn't the Samus you want her to be? This is exactly what I referred to. It isn't that the game is bad or not fun. You just don't like it because it wasn't what you wanted.

I'm not a fan of games. I am a fan of gaming. Therefore, if a game entertains me for at least a little while, then it was a good game. Other M succeeded in that for me.

she breaks down crying to ridley shows disturbign lvl of worship to adam (calling him a father figure even thoe she was raised by the chozo till she was in her late teens so she had a father figure allready)

and many other complaints
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#124Sirian_HawkPosted 7/4/2011 7:14:23 PM
AceMos posted...
she breaks down crying to ridley shows disturbign lvl of worship to adam (calling him a father figure even thoe she was raised by the chozo till she was in her late teens so she had a father figure allready)

and many other complaints

So then, it is just because she isn't the Samus you want her to be. This is exactly what I referred to. It isn't that the game is bad or not fun. You just don't like it because it wasn't what you wanted.
---
#125awful_fawfulPosted 7/4/2011 7:25:13 PM
If something's bad, you only don't like it because you wanted something else? What is this even supposed to mean? I don't like something that's bad because I wanted something good? lol What a joke.
#126Sirian_HawkPosted 7/4/2011 9:17:02 PM
awful_fawful posted...
If something's bad, you only don't like it because you wanted something else? What is this even supposed to mean? I don't like something that's bad because I wanted something good? lol What a joke.

Try reading it again. She is saying that the game is bad because it isn't what she wanted it to be. Is it bad to her? I have no doubt, but that doesn't mean that objectively the game itself is bad. You can hate a game that everyone else loves. You can hate a great game, but just because you hate it doesn't actually make the game itself bad. It just isn't what you wanted it to be.
---
#127DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/5/2011 3:38:12 AM
shadow_571 posted...
Saying that Square Enix does the rehashing work more than Nintendo is pure fanboy bias.

They do. They remade Final Fantasy 1 and 2 for Wonderswan Colour, GBA, PSP, PSX, and I think even a few different cellphone models.
Final Fantasy 3 came out on NES and DS.
Final Fantasy 4 came out on SNES, PSX, WSC, GBA, and DS.
Final Fantasy 5 came out on SNES, PSX, and GBA so far.
6? SNES, PSX, GBA, and there were rumors about a PSP release that got shut down early on.
Chrono Trigger came out on 3 platforms.
Most of Square's games are linear generic ATB RPGs.
Enix redid DQ 1, 2, and 3 on GBC and SNES, and did 4 on PSX and DS, along with 5 and 6 on DS.
Most of Enix's games are linear generic turn-based RPGs.

Really, thinking squenix doesn't rehash is pure fanboy bias.
---
{Phenom II 945 c3|Hyper 212+|Asus M4N75TD|G.Skill Ripjaws series|MSI GTX460 Hawk|Antec TP New 650w}
http://i.imgur.com/mMSLs.jpg The Power of Radeom!
#128JackalPosted 7/5/2011 3:51:12 AM
Did they remake them or just port the game over?
---
PSN: Jackal-5
EVE Online: Jonak
#129DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/5/2011 4:23:19 AM
Mostly ports or tweaks, some remakes.
Kinda like Nintendo has.
---
{Phenom II 945 c3|Hyper 212+|Asus M4N75TD|G.Skill Ripjaws series|MSI GTX460 Hawk|Antec TP New 650w}
http://i.imgur.com/mMSLs.jpg The Power of Radeom!
#1301stbasemanbeckPosted 7/5/2011 6:46:42 AM
HawkEye1997 posted...
However what I DO want to know is this: Why are they on a Nintendo's system message board if they loathe Nintendo so much? Why is it that they are posting here when they are clearly not going to change their mind about hating Nintendo? Why? WHY? Could someone give me a legit reason that is a hater of Nintendo?

Waste. Of. Their. Time. If they don't like it, then fine, go play some Xbox or PS3.

I like the community here better than the PS3 board (no offense to them though, and I do post there too). Despite owning a PS3 and playing it a lot I feel I don't really fit in with a lot of the community and a lot of other gamers. I don't like online gaming. Like at all. I don't like trophies, I hate DLC and I don't like super linear scripted single-player modes. So in comparison to a lot of the gamers who do like those things, I feel like a relic from a different age or something lol

I must be the only one but back in the GC days, Nintendo actually made me happy when they said they weren't going to focus on online. I've always disliked online because it's so temporal...imagine if Goldeneye 64's multiplayer was online-only, ya know? Crazy (btw, if online modes are replicated in local splitscreen I am a lot more fine with it). I figured that if they're not going to focus on online, that means more time will be spent on offline modes..good with me. Then again, I HATED what Nintendo replaced online WITH: GBA connectivity, including forcing it on Crystal Chronicles after I read it was playable on Cube controllers.

But I've always enjoyed Nintendo games, played Mario as a kid, played days on end on my Gameboy (mostly Pokemon, Warioland and Hyper Lode Runner), played weeks on end on my N64. I didn't buy a Wii though because it didn't appeal to me. Still, Nintendo is the company I am most interested in and intrigued by. When they do things I don't like I'll criticize them. Unfortunately their actions this gen (especially recently) and the Wii U announcement has given me a lot to be critical of. I am more interested passing my time doing that kind of thing here than posting on the PS3 board or wherever but that's just me.
---
Support PHYSICAL (not digital) distribution, and keep control of games in the hands of customers. Also, buy the game NIER. It may not be perfect but the music..