So what VC GameCube games are YOU going to download?

#1Solid SonicPosted 7/2/2011 5:07:02 PM
(topic)
---
Paid DLC is the future, I encourage you to embrace it. How can you turn down an opportunity to make your games last longer? I think that's worth a few bucks...
#2SatarackPosted 7/2/2011 6:16:36 PM
Eternal Darkness
---
QI, the only fake gameshow that will take points away from panelists for false positive answers in previous episodes.
#3andodelPosted 7/2/2011 6:32:59 PM
I probably wouldn't buy any, although if they were remade in HD then I might buy mario sunshine as that was easily one of my favorite gc games.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#4Double_DipperPosted 7/3/2011 3:00:03 AM
none

as i won't be able to use the GC controller
---
Gut Cassidy and the Sundance Cheeseburger
Classic Sefirosu
#5Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2011 4:52:07 AM

I probably wouldn't buy any, although if they were remade in HD then I might buy mario sunshine as that was easily one of my favorite gc games.

*Shakes you like a rag doll.*

WHYYYYY?!
---
Paid DLC is the future, I encourage you to embrace it. How can you turn down an opportunity to make your games last longer? I think that's worth a few bucks...
#6NDSVIPPosted 7/3/2011 6:23:42 AM
It wont have GC games, its got no GC controlelr support, and no current controller is capable of doing the same thing as it. Some say the Classic controlelr should be fine to play GC games, but then why couldnt you use it to play GC games on the wii? Enough said.
#7Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2011 6:29:38 AM(edited)

ut then why couldnt you use it to play GC games on the wii?

Because when the Wii plays a GameCube game, it really is a GameCube.

All Wii functionality is shut off when the Wii is in GC mode. Ejecting the disc from the drive causes the system to think the lid has been opened. Resetting the system will just loop it back to the start of the GC game, not the Wii main menu (to do that, you must eject the disc then restart it).

Poor planning, IMO, but it's the fact of the matter. The Wii can't communicate with its remotes when it's playing a GC game so you wouldn't be able to use a Classic Controller anyway.

If they wanted to release GC games as Virtual Console games, they very well could and enable the Wii U to read inputs off a Classic Controller (just run the GC games from within the Wii U's operating environment, rather than dedicating a whole separate operating environment JUST for running backwards compatible games; the PS3 knows when its running a PS1 game and will give you ways to back out of it and return to the XMB and the Xbox 360 is just emulating the original Xbox anyway so it retains functionality with the Xbox Guide button). It wouldn't necessarily require emulation (though the VC versions of GC games would be emulated, I imagine), just store the Firmware necessary to load and read GC games inside the system software of the Wii U and maintain the Firmware inside the greater Wii U operating environment while a GC game is playing.
---
#8RobJ23Posted 7/3/2011 11:31:29 AM
ZERO. I have my Wii, and I have no reason to sell it. Why buy the same game twice? The GameCube downloads will probably be overpriced. Most GameCube games are cheap now, so it's stupid to just sell your Wii and buy GameCube downloads on Wii U.
#9AKC12Posted 7/3/2011 11:32:05 AM
F-Zero GX with an added online mode.

It won't happen though.
---
What kind of world to we live in. Where love is divided by hate. Losing control of our feelings. We all must be dreaming this life away in a world so cold.
#10CPUXPosted 7/3/2011 11:36:00 AM
Twin Snakes. Just for fun.
---
Black Ops - wP/Snake - 1338 7965 5875
This sentence is false. I am lying.