Nintendo hates F-Zero. Fact.

#11abigexplosionPosted 7/3/2011 10:21:33 PM
Don't have a link handy, but a while ago when Miyamoto was talking about HD graphics (at least a year or so before this E3 if i'm not mistaken.) He was saying that games like Pikmin would be more suited towards an HD machine than something like Wii Fit.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say they probably got the same idea with F-Zero.
---
Not changing this signature until a new F-Zero is announced. *started 6/18/10*
F-Zero > Mario Kart. If you disagree, it's because you're bad at F-Zero.
#12ToiseOfChoicePosted 7/3/2011 10:41:57 PM
The worst was hearing them talk about F-Zero so casually in the Steel Diver Iwata Asks, knowing that they still probably don't have any real plans for a new one.
#13NealPPosted 7/3/2011 11:26:59 PM
Boo Destroyer posted...
It's a case of Nintendo pretending to give a damn about their lesser franchises when they truly don't.

Not just F-Zero either. Star Fox, Wario, etc.

Can't disagree with F-Zero, and I'd say besides the two poorly received GameCube titles and the 3DS re-make, Star Fox hasn't gotten the respect he deserves.

As for Wario - he seems to be a bit more of a household name than you let on. In fact, he seems to have one of the more consistent release line-ups of new game besides Mario (in comparison to Donkey Kong, Kirby or Yoshi - other long-running Nintendo platformer franchises.)

Since they branched him off into his own series in Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (for Game Boy) - he's managed to stick around.

Wario Land II - for GB Original and GB Color (released separately)

Virtual Boy Wario Land - for Virtual Boy

Wario Land 3 - for GB Color

Wario Land 4 - for GB Advance

Wario World - for GameCube

Wario: Master of Disguise - for DS

Wario Land: Shake It - for Wii

- so minus the N64, Wario has had a platforming presence on every Nintendo system since his debut on the original Game Boy.

That's not even a feat Mario can boast, considering his Virtual Boy Mario Land was canceled (ironically, it would have seen Wario return as the villain.)

And there's also the WarioWare series, which boasts games on GBA, DS, DSi, GameCube, Wii, WiiWare.

I'd say Wario seems to be getting the respect he deserves and is likely to have either a 3DS title or Wii u title, if not both.
---
In truth we are all addicted to one type of game or another. One's manliness should not and can not be gauged by the types of games he plays. www.spyroworld.net
#14DrkVrtxPosted 7/4/2011 12:03:30 AM
LHS_2012 posted...
There was a 12 year gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. Samus's representation in Smash is just a cut above Cap Falcon's, if only because of the Ridley boss fights in Brawl.

But Nintendo does not hate Metroid.

8 years IIRC
---
Tachikomas are the best characters in any anime. Ever.
so i herd u liek taking over 9000 hobbits to isengard to find out why all the rum's gone
#15LightMongerPosted 7/4/2011 6:28:26 AM
LHS_2012 posted...
There was a 12 year gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. Samus's representation in Smash is just a cut above Cap Falcon's, if only because of the Ridley boss fights in Brawl.

But I do feel they have low opinions of it. When kotaku was interviewing one of the creators of Zelda OoT, they asked if Navi was annoying. Their reply was, "Going on an adventure by yourself is lonely and dull."

Any Metriod games come to mind?
---
sigs are PHUN!!
"Failure is just success, rounded down"- Dinosaur Comics
#16DuckyhunterPosted 7/4/2011 6:56:39 AM
F-Zero on the Wii would've been impossible. Miyamoto eventually admitted that the Wii controller didn't have enough buttons.

Miyamoto also expressed disappointment with GX in an interview around the time the Wii was getting hyped by Nintendo fanboys.

All Nintendo has to do is produce the exact same Mario and Zelda games every generation, and idiots gobble them up. Why invest creative genius into a franchise that isn't beaten into the ground?
---
Carolina Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes fan.
#17LHS_2012Posted 7/4/2011 7:01:24 AM
DrkVrtx posted...
LHS_2012 posted...

8 years IIRC

Math fail on my part. 8 years.

1994-2002
---
No copyright law in the UNIVERSE can stop me!!
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#18DrkVrtxPosted 7/4/2011 7:09:14 AM
Duckyhunter posted...
F-Zero on the Wii would've been impossible. Miyamoto eventually admitted that the Wii controller didn't have enough buttons.

Miyamoto also expressed disappointment with GX in an interview around the time the Wii was getting hyped by Nintendo fanboys.

All Nintendo has to do is produce the exact same Mario and Zelda games every generation, and idiots gobble them up. Why invest creative genius into a franchise that isn't beaten into the ground?

Lol who in their right mind could be disappointed with GX?! I'm glad F-Zero skipped the Wii ti be honest, waggle would have killed the fun in some way or another, and Nintendo would've no doubt forced waggle into the game -_-
---
Tachikomas are the best characters in any anime. Ever.
so i herd u liek taking over 9000 hobbits to isengard to find out why all the rum's gone
#19emagdnEPosted 7/4/2011 7:40:37 AM
Other M says otherwise

and while we're talking about series Nintendo has given the shaft as well as totally disrespected in Brawl, Fire Emblem has it worse

last good game was in 2003, then they did what Other M did to Metroid (stripped the series of its soul, dumbed it down for more widespread appeal, completely broken **** that you can abuse, etc.) not one, but THREE times, and the main character of two of those got into Brawl over someone that actually deserves it (Fire Emblem or otherwise), and you have to use him to beat Marth to unlock him, a huge slap in the face, and Brawl doesn't even acknowledge the existence of Genealogy of Holy War or Thracia 776, no music, no trophies, NOTHING

and then afterwards they just give us two remakes, and the second one doesn't even get released outside of Japan

.....but in the end, Pokémon wins in the getting abused by Nintendo department, the Fifth Generation pokémon have defiled the franchise forever, if the Sixth Generation manages to be a huge improvement, guess what? the Fifth Generation abominations will still be there, in the game's coding, catchable, etc., whereas Metroid could recover if they act as if Other M never happened, Pokémon does not get that luxury
---
Note to self: Cannon highly effective against flesh. -Mimiron
#20Boo Destroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2011 9:15:03 AM(edited)
I understand that F-Zero wouldn't have been suitable for the Wii with its controls.

But on the other hand, you can argue that Smash Bros. may be responsible for destroying/putting down some of those lesser series.

How many people actually bought any F-Zero games as a result? Not very many, as each release of the series dropped more in sales as they went on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw
Better yet, how many of those four million people (ugh) who watched this ending clip of the anime actually tried to watch the rest of the show, and thus check out the series? None of them at all, huh? Who would have thought?

Then there's Snake's Smash Taunt codec on Captain Falcon. Compare it to everyone else's.

I'll get to Wario's case another time.

EDIT: Eh, I can do so now. Not only did Brawl refuse to acknowledge Wario Land, but the WarioWare representation was minimal as hell. After Brawl, sales on each game in the series kinda dropped (even the ones that came out before Brawl).

And with that, how many of the people who complained about the WarioWare stage for not being "tourney-friendly" actually tried to check out the series that it was based on? Take a wild guess.

P.S. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd have the Fire Emblem series removed from Smash. How many Marth/Ike/Roy fans actually care about it? (Wow, that's pretty far with these "how many" questions)