Posting this rumor of PS4 because someone else will

#1TottentanzPosted 7/4/2011 12:46:38 AM
http://www.digitimes.com/print/a20110704PD202.html

I sincerely doubt this rumor, but I figure it will get here sooner rather than later.
#2brixton_mousePosted 7/4/2011 1:14:25 AM
I posted something about ps4 720
And my post got deleted

Anyway interesting for gamers.
#3kaiserzero61Posted 7/4/2011 1:27:27 AM
''The planned shipment volume of PS4 in 2012 is at least 20 million units, the sources indicated.''

So they haven't really showed off the thing, like at all, and they're planning to ship out that much.
Seems like a hoax.

''featuring body movement-based control like Kinect''

facepalm.jpeg
I guess Sony wasn't content with ripping off the Wiimote, so it was time to rip off Microsoft.
---
''Capitalism, ho!'' - Recette, Recettear, PC
''He's more into tidal swells than the rise and fall of my heaving bosom.''-Nadia,Alundra, PS1
#4Auzzie_WingmanPosted 7/4/2011 1:30:08 AM
Except Jack Tretton already said Sony has 'no need' to make a PS4 anytme soon.

It's going to be at least 2 years before they unveil it.
---
--- The Unofficial Citrus of the 3DS/Wii U Boards---3DS Friend Code: 1246 - 8736 - 6899
Golden Sun X Fire Emblem. You know you want it!
#5ugoo18Posted 7/4/2011 1:58:26 AM
"Kinect Style Controls"

If that turns out to be true then

http://turklishtefl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Laughing.jpg
---
"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT ?"
#6shadow_571Posted 7/4/2011 2:23:43 AM
"featuring body movement-based control like Kinect"

I hope this is a hoax, or I'm going to be a handheld only gamer next gen.
---
Troubleshooting.Is that when I get out a .357 and shoot up this inferior piece of machinery for malfunctioning?
#7Tottentanz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2011 7:49:12 AM
Bumping just because it was posted here prior to the IGN article referencing the article linked in my post.

By the by, I kind of hope the PS4 comes out next year and already have that many consoles made ready for release. If they are, they are dumping a lot of money to put consoles in warehouses, and if you look at track records, no new console launch year sold anywhere close to even 10 million making their debt just linger that much longer on the shelves. Also, the early release would be them jumping the gun to support one tech or another, so they will not have the opportunity to wait and see what is successful or not with the U. Based on the rumor, I find the idea of this company running a few more years in the red to be hilarious and wonder how does Japan handle bankrupt companies Seriously, the console will either be expensive because it has the latest tech and will be sold at a loss but still being not very affordable or it will be last year tech just like the U and will alienate their fans by this move while also giving no reason to move to the new system.

Why I think it is completely bogus is that a move like this would have been started by the last guy in charge of Sony, and he was prepping 3D support through new PS3 models. He was the one that pushed tech through consoles and justified the blu-ray in the PS3 and helped push two techs at the same time, HD and blu-ray. Unless a motion based system similar to the Kinect will also have some sort of brand new feature related to an upcoming tech then I doubt Sony would have given it the green light.
#8ZimbabweBobPosted 7/4/2011 7:52:06 AM
I'll believe it when i see it ( or at least see Sony confirming). I highly doubt that Sony will release a new console before 2014.
---
there's something that doesn't make sense... let's go poke it with a stick.
MWR FC:4529 2522 5149 COD BO:1828-2895-7645
#9CrazyhaxPosted 7/4/2011 8:07:02 AM(edited)
Sony ensured us that this generation would be much longer for them, around 10 years they said. We're not even half way through that yet.
---
The Hax Series: | Crazyhax | Zestyhax | Haxorus |
No. I White FC: 3009 8316 2506
#10CPUXPosted 7/4/2011 8:01:53 AM
This better be fakesauce.

Or else.

Someone is gonna be...uncomfortable.
---
Black Ops - wP/Snake - 1338 7965 5875
This sentence is false. I am lying.