For the Wii U to be a success it needs online capabilities of the 360 or better.

#1Beam_of_LightPosted 7/5/2011 8:26:46 AM
otherwise its 3rd party market games will flop because they are all about multiplayer.
---
"We have reports that you went into the women's bathroom!"-JManderley "Uh, not me."-JC Denton
Manipulating video games since '97.
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 7/5/2011 8:35:32 AM
LOL - oh wait, thats actually true.
---
"i will be as faithful to you as any dog - and come when you whistle."
#3MC_Brian1Posted 7/5/2011 8:42:20 AM
I see it ending up more like PSN quality, which would be fine, although I love XBL.
---
I'll respond to this topic the same way I like my women.
Lot of D's.
- Goombacrusher07 in a C/D topic
#4vishal270Posted 7/5/2011 8:54:57 AM
There is no unified online but there is no friend codes thank god. It looks like it's going to look like steam. If it ends up like that then i'm happy.
#5SoulofweeweePosted 7/5/2011 9:18:17 AM
Peter Moore, the guy who oversaw the Xbox and Xbox 360's creation was "optimistic" about the Wii U's online capabilities. I read online on a Wii U (not sure how credible it is) that it's going to be more "open" than XBL or PSN. I have no idea what that means, but I'm eager to find out.
---
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
#6vyseskiesPosted 7/5/2011 11:59:25 AM
Everything from the topic title was already confirmed by Nintendo. Though just that isnt enough imo. To achieve the sucess Nintendo must make a reason for the actual Wii owners to buy a WiiU. Just this will be enough to be sucessful, and with new costumers, specially the hardcore ones wich Nintendo seeks, it will be even more succesful. However to this, 2 things are needed. good price and games. And about the price, we know it won't be cheap. So, its even more necessary to have a excelent library, plus Third Party support, to make worth every cent spent on WiiU.

TL;DR version: Nintendo must have a excelent library, Third Party support and acessible price to be succesfull
---
03/24/11 -18:18 PM : We need a Smash bros. sequel with balancing chars and competitive play.
04/20/11 - PSN: will back within a week
#7blunderminePosted 7/5/2011 12:03:16 PM
I just want it to be free and the games to run well.