Apple Patent could stop Wii U in the US?

#1Toasted_RagePosted 7/6/2011 3:31:07 AM
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2387401,00.asp#disqus_thread

Apple is claiming rights to any smartphones, tablets, or any other devices that have touchscreen capabilities similar to it's products.

I'm not an excellent reader so could someone please clarify if this affects Wii U?
---
evil99019 posted...
No matter how hard you try, you will never be able to Izuna Drop in real life.
#2cheesehead39193Posted 7/6/2011 3:45:25 AM(edited)
WRONG. Did you even use the search bar? This topic came and passed the day that news broke. That only refers to touchscreens that use multitouch features (resistive?). Nintendo uses a proprietary technology (capacitive?) that is not the same as the tech referred to in the case.
---
"21:00 is not 9:00 PM on the East Coast.
21-12= 11:00 PM" -UnPhair
#3Toasted_Rage(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 3:55:36 AM
cheesehead39193 posted...
WRONG. Did you even use the search bar? This topic came and passed the day that news broke. That only refers to touchscreens that use multitouch features (resistive?). Nintendo uses a proprietary technology (capacitive?) that is not the same as the tech referred to in the case.

What part of "I'm not a excellent reader" did you not understand.

Also I know nothing about touchscreens other than there a screen you touch. I have no idea what you mean by "resistive" or "capacitive" either. And what search bar are you talking about?

AllI want to know is if it will affect Wii U, I didn't need a physics lesson on a touchscreen
---
evil99019 posted...
No matter how hard you try, you will never be able to Izuna Drop in real life.
#4cheesehead39193Posted 7/6/2011 4:53:52 AM
Either use the search bar that gamefaqs provides for you, or use google.

To put it in simplistic terms, the apple pattent only refers to touchscreens with multitouch capabilities. That type of touchscreen uses the heat from your fingers to sense where you touch. Nintendo uses a different technology that senses touches based on pressure, like with their DS systems.
---
#5knightimexPosted 7/6/2011 5:20:00 AM
Fujitsu created the touch screen way before apple or any screen or phone ever used it.
---
No 8th Generation on GameFaqs.
Only this: http://imageshack.us/f/864/gamefaqslolzqb.jpg/
#6KarmicDragon1Posted 7/6/2011 5:22:39 AM
I hope so, then they'd know how us Europeans feel-- oh wait.
---
-- I'm married to Rikku from FFX-2 --
BAWWWL FC: 3308-6021-9421
#7cheesehead39193Posted 7/6/2011 6:17:08 AM
knightimex posted...
Fujitsu created the touch screen way before apple or any screen or phone ever used it.

I haven't read the article in a while so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but I think that the patent only applies to the use of touchscreens with "page" like features. I think it's more about the use of the technology than the technology itself. But I'm pretty sure it still only applies to the resitive touch screens. Resistive might not ne the right word, but it's the type of touchscreen on phones, the Vita, and tablets, not the kind found on things like the DS and palm pilots (if anyone even uses those anymore).
---
#8ExitialisPosted 7/6/2011 9:33:46 AM
cheesehead is mostly right. The patent applies to specifically the use multi-touch to move a page-inside-a-page feature on a website.

For example it would apply if the device meets all of the requirements in the patent including a feature such as when you fill the "Post New Message" box here on gamefaqs so much that you can scroll up and down in it. The patent applies to moving the view of the box while keeping the rest of the site fixed. More or less. So it doesn't even hinder the Vita, or other smartphone carriers. The fuss, while some-what warranted since Apple keeps seizing all these vague patents, was exaggerated.
---
Caution, the above is most likely an opinion and should be treated as such.
#9iveriadPosted 7/6/2011 9:33:53 AM
"[a] computer-implemented method, for use in conjunction with a portable multifunction device with a touch screen display, [that] comprises displaying a portion of page content, including a frame displaying a portion of frame content and also including other content of the page, on the touch screen display."

It has been explained in other topic in Vita board, that it's not about touch screen.
Just by looking at the keyword, it's clearly about algorithm used in their software.

Here's the link to explain what it's really all about.
http://thisismynext.com/2011/06/22/apple-granted-patent-webpage-scrolling-behaviors-media-crazy/

So, the Wii U is save.
---
"There is no justice in using and deceiving people!"
#10ShibutoPosted 7/6/2011 9:52:17 AM

What part of "I'm not a excellent reader" did you not understand.

Then why post it with a misleading title? learn to read my friend....I'm telling you reading will never, ever...ever leave your life even if you're not in school
---
Ps3 is like a bomb, cause of all the game! -Tekken9292