Apple Patent could stop Wii U in the US?

#11Toasted_Rage(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 12:25:24 PM
Shibuto posted...
What part of "I'm not a excellent reader" did you not understand.
Then why post it with a misleading title? learn to read my friend....I'm telling you reading will never, ever...ever leave your life even if you're not in school

My title is not misleading it's a question if you paid any attention to it.

I'm a failure in English class, I barely pass each semester with a -C. I don't understand what I read well and I figured someone more educated than myself could tell me if the patent would affect Wii U. I never asked for your philosophy on literature.
---
evil99019 posted...
No matter how hard you try, you will never be able to Izuna Drop in real life.
#12TottentanzPosted 7/6/2011 12:28:40 PM
Just know that Nintendo uses proprietary tech leaving it free of patent fees and lawsuits.
#13EvilMewtwoPosted 7/6/2011 1:52:37 PM
Ugh. No, you guys have it wrong. Capacitive is the type of screen used in most smartphones, the PSV, and tablet computers. It works by sensing the electricity, not the heat, in your body.

Resistive, on the other hand, runs by sensing pressure. This is what's used in, for example, the ViVaz Pro and the NDS/3DS.

The patent refers to the use of multitouch (in other words, capacitive, as resistive screens cannot use multitouch) to move a page within a page. Because the Wii U uses a resistive screen, this cannot possibly refer to the Wii U. Therefore, the Wii U will be unaffected by this patent.
---
--
-
#14SoaringDivePosted 7/6/2011 2:18:43 PM
What about a page within a page within a page???

WE MUST GO DEEPER!
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#15cheesehead39193Posted 7/6/2011 3:00:49 PM
EvilMewtwo posted...
Ugh. No, you guys have it wrong. Capacitive is the type of screen used in most smartphones, the PSV, and tablet computers. It works by sensing the electricity, not the heat, in your body.

Resistive, on the other hand, runs by sensing pressure. This is what's used in, for example, the ViVaz Pro and the NDS/3DS.

The patent refers to the use of multitouch (in other words, capacitive, as resistive screens cannot use multitouch) to move a page within a page. Because the Wii U uses a resistive screen, this cannot possibly refer to the Wii U. Therefore, the Wii U will be unaffected by this patent.

Ahh, my bad. I knew it was capacitive and restive, but I couldn't remember which one was which. Does it really sense the electricity? I always thought it was the heat. Well, you learn something new everyday!
---
"21:00 is not 9:00 PM on the East Coast.
21-12= 11:00 PM" -UnPhair
#16AznEDPosted 7/6/2011 3:19:28 PM
Apple patents, you gotta love em.
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard