Which Star Fox game would you rather have

#11cybermolePosted 7/10/2011 7:24:44 AM
yoshiyo187 posted...
cybermole posted...
I mean whats the point in having a character that looks so badass and having him running around dinoland? nintendo want to capture the hardcore right? well starfox is your man :D

Are Saying that Dinosaurs aren't Badass?

No. not at all. but the dinosaurs in starfox adventure wasnt. theres some badass dinosaurs

But then theres......... http://mos.totalfilm.com/images/b/battle-royale-movie-vs-tv-dinosaurs-05-420-75.jpg
---
for cheap games and retro consoles check out www.molesgaminghole.tk
#12Solid LinkPosted 7/10/2011 7:38:05 AM
Good Lord, I don't want the first. I'm sick of the sheer number of FPS' and that includes those ****** squad-based shooters. In the ones where it matters, I have a hard enough time keeping myself alive, without having to worry about a team of brainless idiots screwing up.

As for the second... why would multiplayer in Star Fox have to be exclusive? Why can't there be single player AND multiplayer? I would certainly be unopposed to dogfights featuring large numbers of players. Star Fox Command added plenty of characters to the series that they'd have plenty to pull from... at least enough for 16-player multiplayer. Beyond the traditional dogfight, they could also throw in some other modes that are both competitive and cooperative. One such that comes to mind (which would be both) would involve Katina-styled masses of enemies pouring out from a mothership or base, and the goal would be to get the most enemy kills in a given time. Players could work together to take down tougher enemies, but they'd also be competing against each other to get the most kills.

And single player simply needs to be like Star Fox 64: a collection of planets, you're trying to get from point A to point B, and that involves a bunch of branching paths through these planets. Seriously, how hard is that concept for Nintendo to grasp?
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD
#13cybermolePosted 7/10/2011 7:43:04 AM
Solid Link posted...
Good Lord, I don't want the first. I'm sick of the sheer number of FPS' and that includes those ****** squad-based shooters. In the ones where it matters, I have a hard enough time keeping myself alive, without having to worry about a team of brainless idiots screwing up.

As for the second... why would multiplayer in Star Fox have to be exclusive? Why can't there be single player AND multiplayer? I would certainly be unopposed to dogfights featuring large numbers of players. Star Fox Command added plenty of characters to the series that they'd have plenty to pull from... at least enough for 16-player multiplayer. Beyond the traditional dogfight, they could also throw in some other modes that are both competitive and cooperative. One such that comes to mind (which would be both) would involve Katina-styled masses of enemies pouring out from a mothership or base, and the goal would be to get the most enemy kills in a given time. Players could work together to take down tougher enemies, but they'd also be competing against each other to get the most kills.

And single player simply needs to be like Star Fox 64: a collection of planets, you're trying to get from point A to point B, and that involves a bunch of branching paths through these planets. Seriously, how hard is that concept for Nintendo to grasp?

Nintendo grasped that concept perfectly with starfox 64. they know what theyre doing, but they need to keep it fresh
---
#14Solid LinkPosted 7/10/2011 8:04:05 AM
cybermole posted...
Nintendo grasped that concept perfectly with starfox 64. they know what theyre doing, but they need to keep it fresh

I understand the need to keep things fresh, and unlike some other people who may complain, actually applaud the fact that Nintendo does this. But with Star Fox, it feels like they've been doing different, just for the sake of different. The very first game after Star Fox 64 was a different genre entirely; adapted from an entirely different game, yes, but still, what made them think alienating all the fans of Star Fox 64 was a good idea? If they hadn't decided to go from an aerial shooter to an adventure platformer, I think the reputation of the series wouldn't have been hurt as badly as it was.

Assault was... not terrible, but not nearly as enjoyable as Star Fox 64. I think what ruined it for me was the linearity; it's the same game every time. And this continues my idea of different for the sake of being different: all the changes to characters made in that game. The addition of Krystal as a Star Fox pilot with the ousting of Peppy, General Pepper's sudden old age, Pigma AND Andrew defecting from Star Wolf and the addition of Panther... It just gave me the vibe that all these character changes were rather quick decisions.

And then of course, we've got Command. Which basically breaks even the Star Fox team apart. It seems like pretty much every character has changed in this game, and of course they've got the addition of lots of new characters. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to add characters, but again, this struck me as a decision that didn't have a lot of thought behind it.

Nintendo could easily make a Star Fox game to please the fans once again. They'd simply have to make a game like Star Fox 64 - multiple stages which you can go through in a variety of orders - but it wouldn't have to be trying to copy Star Fox 64. They could throw-in on-foot combat in some capacity to add a freshness to the Star Fox 64 formula. Heck, maybe have more than one mission per-planet.

Although there's one feature I think would be ripe for a Star Fox game, that they haven't yet explored: co-op. Star Fox is a team, after all. I was thinking they should make a Star Fox for 3DS wherein up to four people could play cooperatively through a main story. You know how Falco, Slippy and Peppy are always whizzing past you left and right in Star Fox 64? What if playing as Falco, Slippy or Krystal would take you on a different path through the mission? The lot of you would cross paths now and again, for being able to pick enemies off of each other, or when there's only one path to follow. This alone I think would make for an interesting new Star Fox game.
---
#15cybermolePosted 7/10/2011 8:14:44 AM
Solid link. Dont get me wrong i absolutely love starfox 64, but im just wondering. Are you happy with how on rails it is? also do you like the way it controls or would you be happier with a more flight simulator feel? As for the co-op thats a very good shout.
---
#16Solid LinkPosted 7/10/2011 9:29:55 AM
I'm perfectly fine with on-rails, though I wouldn't be opposed to more freedom to fly, either. As for a more flight-sim feel... I can't really gauge that, as I've never played a flight simulator. But I never had problems with the controls in Star Fox 64, either.
---
#17HomstarRunnerPosted 7/10/2011 8:31:40 PM
yoshiyo187 posted...
cybermole posted...
I mean whats the point in having a character that looks so badass and having him running around dinoland? nintendo want to capture the hardcore right? well starfox is your man :D

Are Saying that Dinosaurs aren't Badass?

How badass does this sound:

"cahablubu kluracsda Star Fox topuper duh ackbasda Dinosaur Planet herpadaderpada"
---
PSN: ThePieManOfDeath
#18Lee7Posted 7/16/2011 7:07:44 PM
something like assault, maybe mix lylat wars and assault, though I never liked lylat wars, its just overrated and meh

also do I dare to say I like adventures? Most people hate it("zelda clone"), but I liked it, more than lylat wars
---
-Sense, this makes none-
-Proud HTC wildfire owner-