Whats up with the controller?

#1WolfLink44Posted 7/13/2011 9:59:27 PM
So we get a console with a PSP like controller and we can just take the controller and walk off and play it like a PSP?
#2blablablax17Posted 7/13/2011 10:45:53 PM
its not a seperate system more like the second half of the console
#3digiblasterPosted 7/14/2011 10:43:42 AM(edited)
It's... wait, get this... a controller.
---
Go to http://u-owu-blog.blogspot.com/ for the inane ramblings of a bored man. And Wii U stuff too.
#4ImGanondorfLolPosted 7/14/2011 10:46:33 AM(edited)
The controller needs to be near the console, so not anywhere. I guess you can play it anywhere in the room.
---
My signature is
two lines long.
#5TottentanzPosted 7/14/2011 10:53:09 AM
The actual range of the controller has yet to be defined by Nintendo. They did say it will matter on the household considering wall thickness and doors vary from house to house.

However, we do not know what changes Nintendo has made in their sensor bar let alone the system they will use to communicate with the controller itself. If they have kept up with bluetooth tech which is akin to what they use for the wiimotes, it could have a range of over 20 feet depending on how much interference exists between the console and the controller.
#6TakitusMaximusPosted 7/16/2011 8:17:28 AM

one thing i don't get is, how in the hell does Nintendo think this controller will appeal to core gamers. i'm a core gamer and honestly, this looks like another gimmick and one big piece of ****

#7CPUXPosted 7/16/2011 8:19:04 AM
Your only one person, above poster.

I hate 3D, but everyones jumping on that.
---
Black Ops - wP/Paradox - 1338 7965 5875
http://www.youtube.com/user/OppositeParadox
#8thundershark21Posted 7/16/2011 9:24:57 AM
TakitusMaximus posted...
one thing i don't get is, how in the hell does Nintendo think this controller will appeal to core gamers. i'm a core gamer and honestly, this looks like another gimmick and one big piece of ****

What are you the leader of the core gamers and know there opinions because I'm a core gamer and I think this looks cool.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, put this in your signature.
Stay classy evil overlords of boards stay classy
#9SoaringDivePosted 7/16/2011 9:44:41 AM
TakitusMaximus posted...

I'm a core gamer and I think it's a step in the right direction.

Same with the Darksiders developers.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#10TottentanzPosted 7/16/2011 9:47:52 AM
TakitusMaximus posted...

Well, barring your current opinion, perhaps you could enlighten yourself on the subject by reading the many articles released after E3 or perhaps watching the Ubisoft roundtable on youtube.

You may not have the imagination to see how it would appeal to you until a gaming company shows you how they are implementing it. EA has publicly announced that they are working hard to figure out what to do with the controller because they can hardly wrap their minds around it and all of the possibilities.

Go to youtube and check out the Ghost Recon Online trailer for the Wii-U. That might be a good way to introduce the "core" side of you to this controller and all it can do.

Or perhaps you are too much into the motion controls that the other consoles have brought to market?