Y/N: Do you think Gamecube games will be available for download?

#31PedroMontanaPosted 7/18/2011 3:43:39 AM
I'd rather have the DC. I hope we'll get both.

Also, lol at taking people seriously who act as if the controller difference is significant.
The N64 controller was really different and it causes problems, but the GC?
---
No More Heroes
#32SragentThomPosted 7/18/2011 5:07:53 AM(edited)
"OnLive to fix this problem for DLC games and content. "

Doing this will eat up major bandwidth and cause slowdown with accessing the game from onlive, bad idea.

"Bandwith is cents a GB and only used when something is purchased."

Do you realize that it cost money when downloading large files from the internet? The bandwidth caps imposed by some internet providers are there for a reason. Downloading larger games like Blu-ray or even using youtube excessively would max out your bandwidth. It's not cheap. It's even slower in some isolated countries or third world countries.

"Wasn't it confirmed that the Wii U comes with 8GB internal flash memory?"

8GB is enough for the saves and multi-pule GC games?
---
Halo fans are like the Zerg. They'll attack in infinite numbers, and will attack anything that is not their own kind.
"Sherardy"
#33strongo9Posted 7/18/2011 6:36:01 AM
One tiny, tiny problem though.

YOU CAN'T USE GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS ON THE WII U!

No intelligent gamer whatsoever would support this.

Being forced to play the GameCube games with the Classic Controller only, and we have to pay extra money to do so, instead of just adding GameCube backwards compatibility in the first place?

I say **** that, I'd just rather have them implement GameCube backwards compatibility that actually supported GameCube controllers, or just remove the whole GameCube thing altogether.

This would be the single most stupid idea that Nintendo could do.

Yeah, and the N64 needed NES controller compatibility.

Wii U controller.

/topic
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#34CrazyhaxPosted 7/18/2011 8:01:35 AM(edited)
strongo9 posted...
Wii U controller.

/topic

Like I already said, you expect us to just drop all multiplayer aspects from our GC games?
---
The Hax Series: | Crazyhax | Zestyhax | Haxorus |
No. I | White FC: 3009 8316 2506
#35DeuxHeroPosted 7/18/2011 12:43:57 PM
Nintendo seems to expect you to drop it for all Wii U games...
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#36GM_Posted 7/18/2011 12:49:07 PM
I'm leaning towards no. That is for at least the first 1-2 years of the Wii U's existence. Maybe when the console has established itself and Nintendo begins pushing out good content for their online service (face it they don't release good content for the first year on their eshops) they will try releasing a small handful to see how they sale. The pricing also has to be rather fair. I don't think most people would be willing to pay 2000 points for a single game even if they are GameCube games. I think anywhere between 1200 and 1500 would be suitable.
#37DeuxHeroPosted 7/18/2011 4:41:39 PM(edited)
"The bandwidth caps imposed by some internet providers are there for a reason. "

And that reason is "making money". The cost of bandwith (again, cents a GB) has been given as one of the reasons this is merely an anti consumer move.
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#38PChaosWMPosted 7/18/2011 5:15:28 PM
Yes, I think Gamecube games will eventually be available for download.

If you look at Nintendo's history, they tend to reach back 2 generations for stuff they can re-sell. In the more recent generations they have always been able to get the console games from 2 generations ago. Keeping that in mind I think they'll be able to do it again. It'll likely be more expensive to download a Gamecube game (around 15 or 20 US dollars), but I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to do.
---
\\=============\\ PerfectChaosWM //=============//
//-- Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. --\\