One big DS

#1XxTrifuzzxXPosted 7/17/2011 1:27:30 PM
To me, this so far looks like an over sized DS with HD graphics. I am probably wrong on every level, but IMO its a DS on a TV set
---
for the love of god we need bender in SSB4
#2NDSVIPPosted 7/17/2011 1:34:30 PM
XxTrifuzzxX posted...
To me, this so far looks like an over sized DS with HD graphics. I am probably wrong on every level, but IMO its a DS on a TV set

Except, i really hope it doesnt end up like a big DS: i dont want touch screen orientated games, i want more 'core' style games, that then use the screen for secondary bonuses. And for the same reason, i dont want the screen to be anything like the DS's, otherwise it is just a big, HD DS.
#3New LinkPosted 7/17/2011 1:53:10 PM
The way I see it... they're opening both doors.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#4NDSVIPPosted 7/17/2011 2:05:41 PM
New Link posted...

The way i see it, opening both doors is to use a screen like the iphone or better, and not the one like the DS. So, if it were a big DS in the sense that the screens like it to, that would not be what i want.
#5New LinkPosted 7/17/2011 2:14:24 PM(edited)
NDSVIP posted...
New Link posted...

The way i see it, opening both doors is to use a screen like the iphone or better, and not the one like the DS. So, if it were a big DS in the sense that the screens like it to, that would not be what i want.

Then don't buy it, game on your iPhone. The only gaming advantage that the capacitive screen has is the ability to hold the iPhone sideways and use 'pretend' circle pads... in this case we have real ones so there's no real point in relying on non-responsive controls to do those tasks, and I'm sure most third party devs. will think of a more 'safe' route to go with the touch-screen such as map or inventory. It's not like you CAN'T use your finger on resistive screens, but if you wanna use a stylus on a capacitive either shell out some extra bucks or grab a hotdog.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#6NDSVIPPosted 7/17/2011 2:15:54 PM
New Link posted...
NDSVIP posted...
New Link posted...

Then don't buy it, game on your iPhone. The only gaming advantage that the capacitive screen has is the ability to hold the iPhone sideways and use 'pretend' circle pads... in this case we have real ones so there's no real point in relying on non-responsive controls to do those tasks, and I'm sure most third party devs. will think of a more 'safe' route to go with the touch-screen such as map or inventory. It's not like you CAN'T use your finger on resistive screens, but if you wanna use a stylus on a capacitive either shell out some extra bucks or grab a hotdog.

Id rather use stylus on iphone, than finger on DS, so having one like the iphone is more all-round, and thats the route nintendo should take.
#7New LinkPosted 7/17/2011 2:23:56 PM
ITT: Major corporations should only cater to the voice of 1 user.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
#8NintendojitsuPosted 7/17/2011 2:29:20 PM
and this is a problem why exactly?
---
Nintendojitsu knows where the Nintendium flows.
#9NintendoSunrisePosted 7/17/2011 2:34:43 PM
Arimasen. This is new Nintendo innovation.
#10NDSVIPPosted 7/17/2011 2:36:01 PM
New Link posted...
ITT: Major corporations should only cater to the voice of 1 user.

So you couldnt find another way to counter, huh? If only one person wanted it, then surely there must be so many things to say against it, except you said the thing that bothers me least. So what if im one person, its what i would want, and i can justify it too.