Red Steel 3, if it comes what should they do this time?

#1TottentanzPosted 7/17/2011 7:03:16 PM
I say cyber punk all the way. I want to use the motion plus on the Wii-U and fire explosive arrows, cut down phone polls with my mono blade, and whip out a hand cannon that will shoot through a car.

I want a vehicle or some cybernetic horse alla Vampire Hunter D.

I want there to be some RPG elements in it where a person can be a class and choose their preferred weapons. There needs to be some elements to personalize a character where if someone saw you walking in the cyber world they would have a good idea that it was you without having to look at your name. It would be nice to be able to choose cybernetic bits to be placed on the character for aesthetic reasons.

I want a game like that to have some form of online play and even co-op.

I want to have a whole new experience with each class chosen.
#2ugoo18Posted 7/17/2011 7:24:09 PM
I would prefer them to stick with the setting RS2 had (Also keep it cel shaded).
---
"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT ?"
#3RandomHeroPosted 7/17/2011 7:39:45 PM
recapture what made the first Red Steel good. the stylized yet realistic graphics, the neat gunplay an destructible environments, the music, etc
---
so
#4AceMosPosted 7/17/2011 8:57:38 PM
id want a female playable char
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#5MC_Brian1Posted 7/18/2011 10:44:21 AM
The first and second are so freaking different it's not even funny.

I think they should stick with the sword and gun combat, but make it a more traditional shooter, in which you can pull out your sword at any time and play it like RS2 if you wanted. And like in the first Red Steel, sometimes you'd be forced to have the sword duels from RS2 (though you could pull out your gun, too)

I didn't like the setting in RS2 because it was always just desert. Sooooo boring. I think they could return to more traditional environments, but they should definitely be a very futuristic environment. Running around in some awesome futuristic city with RS2 graphics killing people? Yes please.

Online multi would be nice too.
---
I think 3arc are suck as developer -nba323
[message is delete was at request of Moderator or Administrator] -Loshadt
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/18/2011 11:33:35 AM
They need to NOT cut its budget 5 times and kick it out the door as fast as possible :|

Red steel 2 was pretty good, But its their own fault that it sold so bad.
It had a lot of problems that prevented it from being appreciated by the general public.

I know a lot of people love it, and I enjoyed it too.
But red steel 2 is plagued with problems and glitches.
And the gameplay was shallow and inflexible.

If they just spend the time to develop the gameplay better, develop the mechanics better, integrate the controllers better... Then it honestly doesn't matter what the story or the setting is going to be, its going to score 10's no matter what.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#7AceMosPosted 7/18/2011 6:02:59 PM
^ what problems and gliches did red steal 2 have?
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#8dunkisPosted 7/18/2011 6:10:17 PM
Really, I hope they combine the two games. I liked the sword gameplay of RS2 and the art style (but because the Wii U will handle graphics much better, I wouldn't mind a realistic approach either), but really that was all. I much liked the original as far as weapons and level design went. If they could make another modern or futuristic one with a good handful of weapons, complex level design, and the ability to pull out your sword whenever you wanted just like with RS2, that'd be great. It'd also be interesting to see how they'd do multiplayer, balancing between gun and sword gameplay.
---
3DS 3394-3558-7825