I can not comprehend how someone could want Nintendo to fail...

#1ZombiePikminPosted 7/31/2011 2:44:31 PM
I just...don't get how you could dislike, what is arguably one of the most relevant video game companies in existence. Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Pikmin, Star Fox...How could anyone hate the company that made those games?
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercus_garryana
#2joshmck12Posted 7/31/2011 2:50:35 PM
because people (especially on gamefaqs) are immature and feel that nintendo has singled them out and personally insulted them in some way.
---
i miss being joshmck12
#3darkjedilinkPosted 7/31/2011 2:57:02 PM
They're angry because Nintendo got crazy rich by not catering exclusively to them, the so-called "hardcore."

They absolutely cannot fathom how Nintendo could prefer making money by going for mass appeal versus losing money on a hardcore focus (like Sony has been). Now, Nintendo is hoping lightning will strike twice, and they fear it just might. If it does, it will make them as important to the industry as PC gamers - important, but nowhere near the main focus.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#4MrBanballowPosted 7/31/2011 4:06:57 PM
Because, I don't feel the same way I used to about the games you mentioned, and the games they make that I'm genuinely looking forward to have a nasty habit lately of, you know, not coming to NA. I don't necessarily want them to die, but this black eye they've got amuses me greatly.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#5KirbyWithAGunPosted 7/31/2011 4:48:03 PM
joshmck13 posted...
because people (especially on gamefaqs) are immature and feel that nintendo has singled them out and personally insulted them in some way.

this. That and people hate how they handle their games and their aproach in some ways.

I honestly wish the complete oppisite for nintendo dispite the fact i hate the decisions they made.
---
games: PS3: MAG, and many others Wii: SSBB and many others PC: C&C,COD BO,L4D2, and many others.
http://www.youtube.com/wardeathfun for full list
#6darkjedilinkPosted 7/31/2011 5:17:25 PM
yanya posted...
Because, I don't feel the same way I used to about the games you mentioned, and the games they make that I'm genuinely looking forward to have a nasty habit lately of, you know, not coming to NA. I don't necessarily want them to die, but this black eye they've got amuses me greatly.

What black eye? Butt-loads of cash and the two most popular gaming machines ever, selling right now?
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#7CyricsServantPosted 7/31/2011 5:29:52 PM
ZombiePikmin posted...
I just...don't get how you could dislike, what is arguably one of the most relevant video game companies in existence. Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Pikmin, Star Fox...How could anyone hate the company that made those games?

Define "fail".

Do you mean go belly up as a company? That would be horrible.

I would, however, like to see them flail about a little... Not because I'm bitter, but because I'd like for them to shift their focus elsewhere. And the only thing that'll motivate Nintendo to do that is some level of "failure".

Take the 3DS, for instance. Their 3DS sales were a disappointment partially because of the high price point and weak launch lineup. Good! I like good software and decent price-points... and it seems like for the latter at least, Nintendo has learned their lesson. There's going to be an $80 price cut.

So right now, the current model in NoA seems to be:

- No new non-casual IPs
- Focus primarily on the new demographic (but say otherwise during press releases)
- Focus on innovating the hardware rather than the software

I'm not a huge fan of any of those things... and consumer apathy is the only thing that will cause Nintendo to shift its focus elsewhere. So, with that in mind, yes, I want Nintendo to fail. Not enough to fatally wound them, of course. Just enough to get them to change directions. I'd hate to skip out on buying a Nintendo system next gen.
#8MrBanballowPosted 7/31/2011 6:25:37 PM
darkjedilink posted...
yanya posted...

What black eye? Butt-loads of cash and the two most popular gaming machines ever, selling right now?

Did you miss the news this week? Slashing their profit forecast by 82%?... cutting the 3DS by $80 because it's not performing as expected? It's not all itprintsmoney.gif in Nintendo land.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#9LHS_2012Posted 7/31/2011 6:36:15 PM
yanya posted...
darkjedilink posted...
yanya posted...

Did you miss the news this week? Slashing their profit forecast by 82%?... cutting the 3DS by $80 because it's not performing as expected? It's not all itprintsmoney.gif in Nintendo land.

Eh, that's more of a stubbed toe.
---
No copyright law in the UNIVERSE can stop me!!
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#10SoulofweeweePosted 7/31/2011 7:02:23 PM
Who cares.
---
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
3DS FC: 4296-3115-2044. Let's be friends!