big concerns for backwards compatability, dlc and stored data

#1LadySesshoumaruPosted 8/2/2011 6:13:28 PM
i dont really need the wii u, im happy with my wii and really dont think any new console is needed, but aparintly nither of the big 3 are making enough money so now were looking at a new line up. I love nintindo, in not to happy about this pandering to the casual gamer and miss the old days when the games were more interesting and origional, but for sure they will be making the games i like, zelda and etc so im gona eventualy get this new console when it comes out, but im worried about several big isues. backwards compatabiliy, if at all and if they expect the wii to phase in to the wii u, what about all the save data and dlc that is on all our current wii's? i have not heard anything on this matter and i for one am not about to "throw out" my wii just to upgrade unless they come up with away to transfer the data to the new systum. anyone have any info on this? other wise there expecting us to keep one outdated systum to keep the content we PAYED for and buy a brand new freeking expencive one just to get new content. that would be a very bad move.
---
Name Rei Town Avonlea
FC 4770-9124-7757
#2CPUXPosted 8/2/2011 6:20:04 PM
Its Backwards Compatible...we'll probably be able to transfer data.
Probably.
---
What is quote? Baby don't quote me, baby don't quote me...no more.
#3LadySesshoumaru(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 6:26:58 PM
ok, how far? gc? i think i saw that it was not going to suport it.
---
Name Rei Town Avonlea
FC 4770-9124-7757
#4darkjedilinkPosted 8/2/2011 6:30:46 PM
No GC backwards compatability, full Wii bc with software and hardware, no word on the transfer of data (game saves will be easy - SD cards - but DLC is unknown).
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#5LadySesshoumaru(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 6:37:36 PM
not all game data can be transferd on to cards, they made animal crossing that way and i think that sucks and was stupid and petty on Nintindos part
---
Name Rei Town Avonlea
FC 4770-9124-7757