C/D: You'll accept and buy a lot of third party ports for Wii U

#1lp913Posted 8/21/2011 1:55:44 PM
Lets be frank, by the time Wii U releases, most of the real, exclusive content will be mainly Nintendo first party. Depending on the timing of the console's release, we may get some new games in the form of simultaneous PC/PS3/360/WiiU releases as well. But, if Wii U has a plentiful launch window, its safe to say we may see many of the games currently out or being released before the end of the year for PC/PS3/360 as part of the Wii U's launch window, pending which third party deals Nintendo has secured for the system of course.

Porting compared to ground up development takes less time and effort with a lot less of a costly sting of research and development of course, and Wii U could built up A LOT of HD ports quickly. But many of you may be been there and done that, depending on who you are and what consoles you're playing.

Admittedly, there's a few announced and unannounced I plan to pick up (Ninja Gaiden, Batman, maybe Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter IF they come) just to start off. And since there's a lot of economic problems worldwide, developers are likely to put less and less effort into new IPs and just stick with mostly established franchises, many of which its latest editions you may have already played on another system by the time Wii U is on store shelves.

On that note, would you accept and even buy a lot of the third party ports that may be in the works for Wii U, C or D?
---
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020] [GE007 FC: 1237-3974-3165] [COD: BO FC: 2463-7578-3340] [TvC: UAS FC: 2923-0604-8719] [SW3 FC: 0045-9248-8653]
#2TottentanzPosted 8/21/2011 2:21:51 PM
I think you are not getting the full picture here.

There are going to be plenty of third party exclusives for the new console as well as ports.

To sit there and bring up ports alone just opens that troll door wide open where a bunch of people who think their console is worthy of interest will come through it and say why not get their cheap console now and the game when it releases.

Yes, there are a couple of games that will be cross-platform that I will buy such as DS2, Ghost Recon Online(PC/Wii-U only from what I hear), Madden, Batman AC, and just maybe one other that has yet to be announced publicly yet.

I guess it is a confirm on the idea of the cross-platform games.

However, this query is not done yet, there are plenty of 3rd party developers making exclusives for the Wii-U that may hold some interest such as Killer Freaks, the unknown Assassin's Creed game, and many more that developers are hinting at but wont divulge because the console could be a year from release.

Will we buy 3rd party exclusives for the Wii-U?

I think most of us would confirm that one.

Basically the question simplified down would be, would you buy games from 3rd party developers? This leaves the door open to cross-platform games as well as games specifically made with the Wii-U in mind only.
#3darkjedilinkPosted 8/21/2011 2:44:54 PM
Why would I buy a system that'll take a back-seat to the WiiU to play the same games in a lower resolution, at a lower framerate, with lower graphical quality with a cluttered UI?

Paint me "confirm."
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#4CrystalKing5426Posted 8/21/2011 2:49:27 PM
If they're superior to the PS360 version and I don't have them yet, then yes.
---
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game: People who agree: 50
#5PSI_IKEPosted 8/21/2011 2:53:10 PM
Yeah if I don't have them yet on 360 and they're better then yes I will
---
Some used to call me Inferior. Others call me PK Ike. But you can just call me Ike.
#6name_unknownPosted 8/21/2011 3:53:56 PM
Deny they will have forced motion controls and a terrible online system. The online community will be filled with scrubs and noobs.
#7Tom_Green_IIPosted 8/21/2011 5:28:06 PM
I hope they actually port the games they are working on by that point, not just porting one year old games that everybody have played already.
#8darkjedilinkPosted 8/21/2011 5:38:23 PM
name_unknown posted...
Deny they will have forced motion controls and a terrible online system. The online community will be filled with scrubs and noobs.

Since you've made it quite clear you aren't getting the WiiU, nobody cares what you think.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#9MC_Brian1Posted 8/21/2011 5:42:41 PM
Tom_Green_II posted...
I hope they actually port the games they are working on by that point, not just porting one year old games that everybody have played already.

Uh, I don't know why you think this would be the case. After the console is released, games it gets will be known as "multiplatform", not "ports"
---
Why do you believe that Majora is a female? - BlueGunstarHero
Majora's emotions came out through the Skull Kid - BadDecisions
#10FuzzyJelloPosted 8/21/2011 5:54:38 PM
name_unknown posted...
The online community will be filled with scrubs and noobs.

Name me more than a handful of popular games that don't have this problem.
---
Wii suggested it was for everyone. The Wii U suggests it's for everyone and you, and when you say it repeatedly you believe that you are a firetruck. ~Farimir77