How does the D-pad feel?

#1DivinityStripesPosted 8/21/2011 6:03:22 PM
Face it, Nintendo bombed the D-pad on the GameCube and Wii Remote (possibly N64?).

The GameCube's is practically a joke from the size, and it's placed in an uncomfortable position. (Just try playing through Mega Man Anniversary Collection with them)

The Wii Remote's isn't so great itself. It is bewilderingly stiff with an awkward Up button and when you play with it horizontally, you can't help but feel a little bit restrained.

The N64: What the f***, I don't have 3 hands Nintendo...-_- Go innovation!!!
This controller does have a nice D-pad though, you just can't use it with the Analog Stick very well...

Of course, this is just me, maybe some people actually liked the D-pads on those controllers, but I long for the day Nintendo can make a sexy NES D-pad again (that one felt SO good...)

So, I ask people who have gotten hands on with the Wii U tablet, how does the D-pad feel?
---
Why? Because.
#2MC_Brian1Posted 8/21/2011 6:05:13 PM
The original DS D-pad was balls out awesome,and all the DS consoles released after it use the same/similar one, which is basically like the Wii one but softer. The Wii U one looks just like that one.
---
Why do you believe that Majora is a female? - BlueGunstarHero
Majora's emotions came out through the Skull Kid - BadDecisions
#3DivinityStripes(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2011 6:08:10 PM
Thanks, that sounds reassuring :).

Though...I've never played with a DS before XP. I'm not a portable console kind of person.
---
Why? Because.
#4HollowNinjaPosted 8/21/2011 9:07:38 PM
I don't like the DS d-pads, they're too small. Why can't every console use the Saturn's d-pad?
---
http://backloggery.com/hollowninja Steam: DJ illi ill
PSN: DJ_iLLi_iLL XBL: DJ iLLi iLL
#5teh_kyle00Posted 8/21/2011 9:12:50 PM
It looks like it is a similar D-pad like the DS Lite or 3DS has. I can't tell if that is a actual shine in pics. Shine would make it 3DS.

It'll be fine when needed if that's the case; either way.
---
This signature is lacking in beef.
#6DivinityStripes(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2011 9:20:29 PM
So no one here has actually played with the Wii U tablet yet? XP

I just want to know if Nintendo has finally made a legitimate D-pad over 3 f***ing home console generations.
---
Why? Because.
#7teh_kyle00Posted 8/21/2011 9:30:52 PM
DivinityStripes posted...
So no one here has actually played with the Wii U tablet yet? XP

I just want to know if Nintendo has finally made a legitimate D-pad over 3 f***ing home console generations.

Well E3 is sort of on the other side of the country from me, and I'm poor. Sorry. :(

On a serious note, most console games don't use the D-pad extensively nowadays. And to be quite honest the best D-Pad right now is the PS3 only because they haven't made any significant changes to their controller for 15 years. Finally I personally don't see what is wrong with the Wiimote D-pad.
---
This signature is lacking in beef.
#8DivinityStripes(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2011 10:23:23 PM
^-^ That's alright man.

Also, that's cool that you like the Wii Remote D-pad, this topic is mostly opinion based anyway. Do you have an N64 or NES? You should try comparing the Wii Remote's D-pad to theirs and see if you notice the difference I notice ;D.

I want to know what people thought of the Wii U tablet's D-pad, but results have come up as inconclusive :P.
---
Why? Because.
#9brainfreeze10Posted 8/22/2011 12:43:47 AM
I loved the Wii's D-pad, easily the best one ever IMO. Maybe it's just cuz it's competition is 360 (awful) and Dualshock (the only fault of that controller really), but it feels perfect.

I do agree about Gamecube and N64 though, they were pretty bad. Also not a big fan of the DS one, which I used to think was just due to size, but I loved the SP one so I'm not sure.....

Anyway, I'm hoping for a Wii D-pad, though I don't expect to be using it as much as I did this gen anyway.
---
*Mariokart: 5327-1821-0811*_*Brawl: 3181-1870-7986*
*GH3: 1246-9108-7621*_*MH3: Maynard*
#10Moorish_IdolPosted 8/22/2011 4:23:46 PM
I actually like the Wiimote's d-pad quite a bit. I find it to be very responsive.

My favorite Nintendo d-pad, though, is on the NES. That thing was just magical.

But if the tablet has a Wiimote-esque d-pad, I will be happy.
---
Ezekiel 23:20