Calling all hardcore Nintendo fanboys(and girls)!

#1smashmaster1111Posted 8/23/2011 12:16:36 AM
I don't know why you hate on the other consoles so much and the people who play the other consoles. You are just missing out on great games. Nintendo makes good games but so do other companies that make games not for Nintendo hardware. By being so snobby towards these other companies you are missing out on some of the great games of this generation(Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc.)

Besides at the end of the day none of these companies really care about you. Everything they do is to get your money and ensure they will continue to get your money. Why be so loyal to anyone in particular. When you are in trouble none of these companies are going to come and save you because you were exclusively loyal to them.
Take it from someone who used to be a fanboy and one day realized that there is so many good quality games out there. Competition is good for everyone as it encourages everyone to create a better product.
---
http://koti.phnet.fi/santamik/sexophone.swf
http://timh.fobby.net/timh.swf
#2fox_smasherPosted 8/23/2011 12:31:32 AM
I consider myself a hardcore Nintendo fanboy, but that doesn't stop me from playing my Xbox 360.
---
Currently Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D, The World Ends With You, Okami
#3NecrosexuaIPosted 8/23/2011 1:25:19 AM
because they can't afford the consoles that cost more, i'd presume. that's the ONLY reason i was a fangirl of nintendo, ever. got a 360, sold the wii for a psp, never looked back [well, i sold the 360 for a ps3 later, lol]. i'll rebuy wii when it's like $35 for the console or whatever... sorry nintendo fans. plus, i'm going to have a black console/red controller, hahaha.
but yea, couldn't afford the other consoles...
---
ANGRY**** BY NATURE, CHILL BY CIGARETTES
ONE PART THE FUHRER, ONE PART THE POPE -- vspominai menja
#4WahahaNamePosted 8/23/2011 1:34:09 AM(edited)
People exaggerate the quality of third party games. Yes, there have been many great third party games this generation, and I have enjoyed them on my PS3, but even the best of them have a hard time matching up with Nintendo's finest. This is why I have always been a "Nintendo fanboy" (meaning I prefer it to the other options). In my opinion, a few amazing games is much better than many average ones. If Nintendo didn't have Mario galaxy 1+2, DKCR, and NSMB this generation I probably would not have enjoyed my Wii, but they did.

To elaborate on this, examples, in my opinion, of good third party games this generation are RDR, Dead rising 1+2, and Portal 2. Fallout and mass effect are so bad it's laughable.
#5pikachupwnagePosted 8/23/2011 4:53:00 AM
1. Nintendo is best(2. is sony 3. is microsoft)
2. 360 has way to many shooters and RROD
3. Ps3 is awesome though must admit and is not overpriced like it used to be.
---
To those whining about the Wii U name just be glad its not the Wii P. 3DS ambassador member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#6zriostPosted 8/23/2011 5:59:19 AM
I think its just us fans being defensive. Its not like we suddenly decided to hate on the other consoles, its more the other console fanboys coming to our forum to make outrageous statements dissing our system of choice and us retaliating. If we seem overly snobbish, its because its a nintendo forum where the majority are nintendo fans, fans naturally talk up a thing they like. At this point, if you didn't like the direction nintendo went, ie motion controls, then you've probably defected to Sony or Microsoft. This is part of the reason the majority of current nintendo fans seem to prefer motion controls, and thus we defend that as well.
And of course other companies do make quality games, and provide new interactions, but people shouldn't be coming onto this board to boast about them. They've got their own boards right? If they use them as ammo against us, we'll just retaliate on principle. Competition is a good thing, though. And its this flamewar that pretty much shows that competition is even, that each console has something to be proud of and that they don't provide exactly the same experience. If it were one sided, then you should be worried.
---
-But I could be wrong.
#7zriostPosted 8/23/2011 6:11:54 AM
zriost posted...
And its this flamewar that pretty much shows that competition is even, that each console has something to be proud of and that they don't provide exactly the same experience. If it were one sided, then you should be worried.

Then again, we are winning on sales, *trollface* :D.
---
-But I could be wrong.
#8neloangelo6661Posted 8/23/2011 6:54:02 AM
It's a result of social conditioning. It's a form of tribalism in the same way people fight over their favorite sports teams. This type of behavior is perpetuated throughout our media. Division among people is perpetuated to keep us fighting amongst ourselves to distract us while the corporations take advantage of us.

It is important for people to realize that behavior is affected by our environment. You ask why people are like this but we constantly ignore the truth behind the why. We assume people are just like this but put them in a different environment and this behavior disappears.
---
To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
#9TerotrousPosted 8/23/2011 7:04:41 AM
By being so snobby towards these other companies you are missing out on some of the great games of this generation(Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc.)

Am I the only one who thinks this is hilarious?

Nintendo-only fans aren't missing out on nearly as much as the people who think those games are the extent of the great games of this gen.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Puggsy"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#10SweepzzPosted 8/23/2011 7:20:30 AM
Your wall of text is boring and useless, your words sway no one.

Conclusion - Try harder.
---
If you're a nihilist and you're 0% proud of it, don't put this in your sig.