Do you think that Nintendo has

#21kiwikushPosted 8/24/2011 1:36:59 PM
I don't understand. What indicates that they have vast amounts of pride over their homeland? Their Italian plumber mascot, or their sexy blue eyed blonde (Medieval hero)/(space heroine)? The Eskimo twins? Psychic baseball player?
---
Girl gamer.
#22FuzzyJelloPosted 8/24/2011 5:21:23 PM
kiwikush posted...
Psychic baseball player?

Ness is blatantly Japanese-styled, and the Japanese love baseball.
---
Wii suggested it was for everyone. The Wii U suggests it's for everyone and you, and when you say it repeatedly you believe that you are a firetruck. ~Farimir77
#23kiwikushPosted 8/24/2011 5:29:13 PM
FuzzyJello posted...
kiwikush posted...
Psychic baseball player?

Ness is totally a not-Japanese name D: Plus, his mother and sister totally aren't Asian. Maybe his father is though. Eagleland seems like a parody of America though, not Japan. America loves them some baseball too (or at least stereotypically we have).
---
Girl gamer.
If you're not playing Contra, you're not 'hardcore'!
#24FuzzyJelloPosted 8/24/2011 7:12:53 PM
kiwikush posted...
FuzzyJello posted...
kiwikush posted...
Psychic baseball player?

Ness is totally a not-Japanese name D: Plus, his mother and sister totally aren't Asian. Maybe his father is though. Eagleland seems like a parody of America though, not Japan. America loves them some baseball too (or at least stereotypically we have).

Mother is a reinterpreting of America, I agree, it's just to someone unaware of it, they're more likely to see Ness's Japanese qualities.

As for baseball, we introduced it to them at some point, I believe.
---
Wii suggested it was for everyone. The Wii U suggests it's for everyone and you, and when you say it repeatedly you believe that you are a firetruck. ~Farimir77
#25MW2_Main_MenuPosted 8/24/2011 9:46:42 PM
I always thought it was funny how the Mother series was pretty much based around American culture (hippies lol). Yet, we have only got one game...
---
GT: MW2 Main Menu and Movie Premiere
Games playing: EDF: Insect Armageddon Red Faction: Armageddon CoD: Black Ops Halo Reach Halo Wars