Do you think that Nintendo has

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you think that Nintendo has

User Info: kiwikush

kiwikush
5 years ago#21
I don't understand. What indicates that they have vast amounts of pride over their homeland? Their Italian plumber mascot, or their sexy blue eyed blonde (Medieval hero)/(space heroine)? The Eskimo twins? Psychic baseball player?
Girl gamer.

User Info: FuzzyJello

FuzzyJello
5 years ago#22
kiwikush posted...
Psychic baseball player?

Ness is blatantly Japanese-styled, and the Japanese love baseball.
Wii suggested it was for everyone. The Wii U suggests it's for everyone and you, and when you say it repeatedly you believe that you are a firetruck. ~Farimir77

User Info: kiwikush

kiwikush
5 years ago#23
FuzzyJello posted...
kiwikush posted...
Psychic baseball player?

Ness is totally a not-Japanese name D: Plus, his mother and sister totally aren't Asian. Maybe his father is though. Eagleland seems like a parody of America though, not Japan. America loves them some baseball too (or at least stereotypically we have).
Girl gamer.
If you're not playing Contra, you're not 'hardcore'!

User Info: FuzzyJello

FuzzyJello
5 years ago#24
kiwikush posted...
FuzzyJello posted...
kiwikush posted...
Psychic baseball player?

Ness is totally a not-Japanese name D: Plus, his mother and sister totally aren't Asian. Maybe his father is though. Eagleland seems like a parody of America though, not Japan. America loves them some baseball too (or at least stereotypically we have).

Mother is a reinterpreting of America, I agree, it's just to someone unaware of it, they're more likely to see Ness's Japanese qualities.

As for baseball, we introduced it to them at some point, I believe.
Wii suggested it was for everyone. The Wii U suggests it's for everyone and you, and when you say it repeatedly you believe that you are a firetruck. ~Farimir77

User Info: MW2_Main_Menu

MW2_Main_Menu
5 years ago#25
I always thought it was funny how the Mother series was pretty much based around American culture (hippies lol). Yet, we have only got one game...
GT: MW2 Main Menu and Movie Premiere
Games playing: EDF: Insect Armageddon Red Faction: Armageddon CoD: Black Ops Halo Reach Halo Wars
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you think that Nintendo has

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived