The Miis

#1kiwikushPosted 8/24/2011 1:43:39 PM
I'm kind of sad that Nintendo didn't modify the art style of the Miis. They were fine for the Wii, and even for the 3DS, but in HD, they don't really cut it, to me.

I suppose it's such a smaaaaall thing, but if games want to force me to use a Mii, I might be hesitant to play them, like Super Mario Bros Mii. The style just doesn't ring out 'Nintendo' for me, and it never has.

Miis were cool and cute when no other system had them, but now that the concept isn't new, I want better!
---
Girl gamer.
If you're not playing Contra, you're not 'hardcore'!
#2KirbyWithAGunPosted 8/24/2011 2:08:52 PM
I am okay with art style, but they need more to choose from. Even Little Big Planet was better without the stuff unlocked.
---
games: PS3: MAG, and many others Wii: SSBB and many others PC: C&C,COD BO,L4D2, and many others.
http://www.youtube.com/wardeathfun for full list
#3FunkyKong84Posted 8/24/2011 2:15:52 PM

If the WiiU Miis are just like the ones on the Wii and the 3DS it will be ridiculous. They don't even have arms in baseball for crying out loud!!!

#4brainfreeze10Posted 8/24/2011 2:19:37 PM
I want more customization, but Mii's appeal died out year ago to me so it's not really a big deal about art style. I only think they'll really be interesting if they work similarly to Xbox's avatar- unlocking clothing in game and shown on the profile screen.
---
*Mariokart: 5327-1821-0811*_*Brawl: 3181-1870-7986*
*GH3: 1246-9108-7621*_*MH3: Maynard*
#5homsarrunner3Posted 8/24/2011 3:01:50 PM
Just a quick note here...

*ahem*

Nobody's going to care what new super mario bros. mii looks like BECAUSE IT'S NOT GOING TO BE RELEASED!
The "game" was just a tech demo for E3, to show the TV to controller streaming functions for the Wii U. It's not going to be a real retail release.
---
"I'm an open book, boss. Granted, the book's in Spanish and some of the pages have fallen out, but I'm an open book."
-Raul, Falout: New Vegas
#6kiwikush(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 8:16:54 PM
homsarrunner3 posted...
Just a quick note here...

*ahem*

Nobody's going to care what new super mario bros. mii looks like BECAUSE IT'S NOT GOING TO BE RELEASED!
The "game" was just a tech demo for E3, to show the TV to controller streaming functions for the Wii U. It's not going to be a real retail release.

That's what I thought too, but Nintendo's website makes it sound like it's going to be a full fledged game. But THANK YOU FOR THE CAPS LOCK ANYWAYS!
---
Girl gamer.
If you're not playing Contra, you're not 'hardcore'!