Why was the Wii for you? (Also, Wii U hype)

#11KirbyWithAGunPosted 8/24/2011 9:09:27 PM
homsarrunner3 posted...
Due to the recent influx of Nintendo hate on this board, I have taken it upon myself to start a good old-fashioned nostalgia/hype thread.
Yaaaay!!

So, on to business.

1. Why did you get a Wii?
2. What did you enjoy about the Wii most?
and finally, 3. What new features do you hope to see in the Wii U, and/or what existing features would you want to be updated?

You all know the rules. Let's keep it clean, and have fun!

1. Super Smash Brothers Brawl with hopes of a good Super Mario Game, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart.

2. Homebrew. I hated Super Smash Brothers Brawl and so many of its flaws, but with Homebrew it is so much better from better music, costumes, infinite replay length, etc. and to top it off I could play other codes that added new stages plus more.

3. I hope Nintendo does some form of an acheivement system (perhaps stickers you can put on something like your menu) and better online & DLC.
---
games: PS3: MAG, and many others Wii: SSBB and many others PC: C&C,COD BO,L4D2, and many others.
http://www.youtube.com/wardeathfun for full list
#12EndgamePosted 8/24/2011 9:23:18 PM
1. because I still had faith in Nintendo at that point
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. none, none at all, I would like to see everything new that Wii brought with it die out, but alas, Microsoft and Sony saw it necessary to copy it with a motion capture camera and a phallic object with a glowing color changing ball, so THAT won't be happening.....
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#13jwillennPosted 8/24/2011 9:58:50 PM
I'm just going to answer 3 with my reasonable wishes.

**U Tablet AND modified Mote/Chuk PACKED IN WITH SYSTEM. Please, Nintendo! Don't give up on your brilliant two-piece controllers of Point & Motion! With the significant boost in processing muscle and (hopefully) 3rd party support, things would be goodness gracious and glorious (that's for Bayonetta 2)!

about Mote/Chuk improvements:
**buttons 1 and 2 are eradicated
**big A eradicated
**-, +, and home remain as they are
**D-Pad is now at the bottiom where 1 and 2 were
**new analog (same as what will be on U-Tablet) positioned where big A was
**standard size face buttons B, A, Y, X positioned where D-Pad was

**Mote & Chuck equal in terms of motion sensing
**Motion better than anything available, Pointing reliable under wider conditions

***online multiplayer mode MANDATORY for ANY game that features a multiplayer mode
#14jwillennPosted 8/24/2011 10:30:00 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/jwillennium/motechuk.jpg

something like that
#15fluffy_kinsPosted 8/24/2011 10:35:22 PM

The wii was for me because of Nintendo's games. I love Metroid and Zelda and you just can't find them on any other platform. Plus, I anticipated a few quirky games coming to the system (and was rewarded with No more heroes, okami). I also liked that it could play GC games.

As for wii U... I'm kind of excited for graphics power, in terms of games like Metroid. Other than that, I hope that the controller is amazing and that Nintendo keeps pumping out great games.

#16SoulofweeweePosted 8/24/2011 10:48:51 PM
homsarrunner3 posted...
Due to the recent influx of Nintendo hate on this board, I have taken it upon myself to start a good old-fashioned nostalgia/hype thread.
Yaaaay!!

What is this nostalgia/hype you speak of? You act as if it differs from hate.. but I've never heard of such a thing. I shall continue reading.

1. Why did you get a Wii?

Because I'm a gamer and the Wii is a gaming console.

2. What did you enjoy about the Wii most?

The first party games and a handful of the third party games, as well as the compact design of the console and the motion controls. Virtual console/web browsing was neat and made possible due to built in Wi-Fi which you could also use to play online. The console was reliable as all of my Nintendo consoles are.

and finally, 3. What new features do you hope to see in the Wii U, and/or what existing features would you want to be updated?

It has to have first party games of course... and I'm interested to see the new online features it's getting. Also, I'd hope for GC games on the VC, which is pretty likely.
---
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
3DS FC: 4296-3115-2044. Let's be friends!