Nintendo really pidgeon holed themselves.

#1LtColKilgore79Posted 8/24/2011 10:17:25 PM
Seriously. Their business model will only be sustainable for not so long, and all dat. Discuss.
---
The Internet, where critical thinking is thrown aside in favor of assuming the sht outta things.
#2TotoroHatPosted 8/24/2011 10:31:03 PM
I am the Troll King... Your post does not meet the minimum standards to be considered a troll as it is incomprehensive and full of gramatical errors.... Please try harder to post a thread in which the Troll King can call out as a troll and not just a pathetic attempt at trolling. The Troll King bids this post farewell.
#3MW2_Main_MenuPosted 8/24/2011 10:46:52 PM
Nintendo really pidgeon holed themselves.

That's what sh- *shot*

And lol at topic.
---
GT: MW2 Main Menu and Movie Premiere
Games playing: EDF: Insect Armageddon Red Faction: Armageddon CoD: Black Ops Halo Reach Halo Wars
#4LtColKilgore79(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 11:01:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5MW2_Main_MenuPosted 8/24/2011 11:13:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6zriostPosted 8/24/2011 11:25:58 PM
What business model? I'm not sure what you're refering to in particuar.
---
-But I could be wrong.
#7LtColKilgore79(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 11:34:04 PM
zriost posted...
What business model? I'm not sure what you're refering to in particuar.

Trying to make huge $$$ off an untapped market despite it being up for grabs for anyone who invests in it yet not having a contingency plan should their market share shrink to unprofitable sizes.
---
The Internet, where critical thinking is thrown aside in favor of assuming the sht outta things.
#8Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 8/25/2011 1:47:18 AM
Trying to make huge $$$ off an untapped market despite it being up for grabs for anyone who invests in it yet not having a contingency plan should their market share shrink to unprofitable sizes

Yes, and it would have to get bad for them to end up risking any financial loss. It would have to be significantly worse than the GC to risk them being in any financial trouble, and it would take more than one console generation at that.

And I don't see this thing really bombing, so long as they play their cards right and manage to hold on to some of their casual market, along with roping in some "hardcore" gamers. I don't think it will be the same runaway success the Wii was, and I kind of hope it doesn't dominate (I want it to suceed, just not by outselling each of the other consoles nearly 2:1 ), I don't want them getting to complacent, that's not good for any company
---
"What is this world coming to?" - Chris_Speed_
"Six year old girls, apparently." - GrowIithe
#9zriostPosted 8/25/2011 1:59:05 AM
Nintendos never really needed too large a market share, they were still making money off n64 and GC despite them only having about 22 and 33million users respectively. If they manage to get half of what they have now, they should be fine, right? The point of untapped markets in the long term isn't for explosive capital. Aiming for casuals should be a long term investment. Games which attract casuals are the portal through which they will become gamers. Most people don't just immediately become gamers, they are brought in frmo playing more casual games or multiplayer and progressing if they are attracted by their experience. The gamer market doesn't multiply. It grows through new people being brought in. Which is what the wii did.
And besides, they'll be aiming to please gamers this time around anyway.
---
-But I could be wrong.
#10blunderminePosted 8/25/2011 6:12:00 AM
LtColKilgore79 posted...
Seriously. Their business model will only be sustainable for not so long, and all dat. Discuss.

What's there to discuss? You didn't say anything.