A portible nintendo wii

#1dan7799Posted 9/7/2011 11:02:35 PM
Can you play nintendo wii games on the go like the other portible nintendo systems
#2GimeaPosted 9/7/2011 11:38:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZAxO-za3KU
---
Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mgao249jNg
#3kiwikushPosted 9/8/2011 3:33:14 AM
I don't think flailing around with my portable Wii in between classes will make me the coolest kid on campus :|

Someone should test out this theory though before we dismiss anything. For science!
---
Girl gamer.
If you're not playing Contra, you're not 'hardcore'!
#4blunderminePosted 9/8/2011 4:24:37 AM(edited)
kiwikush posted...
I don't think flailing around with my portable Wii in between classes will make me the coolest kid on campus :|

I think you're doing it wrong.

That being said, if your talking about a portable system with a built in screen, games with wrist flick wouldn't work cause the screen would move.
#5ddd87Posted 9/8/2011 4:25:11 AM
This is not a "portible" console, unless it has a hell of a transmisor ;)
---
Conduit 2 Friend Code: Damian87 (1034-2074-7427) NTSC Version
#6New LinkPosted 9/8/2011 5:13:22 AM
Ok.... I'll give this a shot.

1) Wii U is a new home system, like a super-powered PS3 with a "standard" controller with a touchscreen in the middle. The controller (at this point) only streams data to/from the new console, it's not a portable system.

2) If you're referring to being able to play it on the go, yes it's possible, but no, it's not convenient. I'm sure you could custom make a screen to snap onto the system and get a dc adapter, but this would only be for like a super long car trip and you won't be driving the whole time, not really something to hold in your hands.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#7Fierce_Deity777Posted 9/8/2011 5:39:27 AM
New Link posted...
Ok.... I'll give this a shot.

1) Wii U is a new home system, like a super-powered PS3 with a "standard" controller with a touchscreen in the middle. The controller (at this point) only streams data to/from the new console, it's not a portable system.

2) If you're referring to being able to play it on the go, yes it's possible, but no, it's not convenient. I'm sure you could custom make a screen to snap onto the system and get a dc adapter, but this would only be for like a super long car trip and you won't be driving the whole time, not really something to hold in your hands.

Or just give my idea a shot:
1. Connect a custom battery pak to the Wii U to power it -as done with previous systems such as the gamecube-, strap it to your back (if you're into it, preferrably a custom-made pack that fits over the Wii U and lets you carry it instead of putting it in a backpack as the latter will provide inadequate ventaliation)

2. Load up your game on a TV and switch to the controller view.

3. Disconnect TV, play game on controller on the go.

Problems:
The main issue would be CD stability while walking. Probably the main impracticality as it would end up scratching the hell out of your disk, i'm sure. That and I'm assuming that you would need a TV to load up the game before you could view it on the controller. Lastly, we don't know yet if there may be points in a game where you are unable to play it on the controller.
---
This post authorized by Adam Malkovich.
#8FunkyKong84Posted 9/8/2011 6:59:55 AM

So what's the range in which you can play on the controller? Inside the house? You can obviously go to another room and play, so what would the problem be if you tried to played it at a friend's house?

#9darkjedilinkPosted 9/8/2011 7:28:08 AM
FunkyKong84 posted...
So what's the range in which you can play on the controller? Inside the house? You can obviously go to another room and play, so what would the problem be if you tried to played it at a friend's house?

There's no official announcement. However, there is some controversy.

Initial reports from Nintendo execs said it couldn't go beyond the room. However, the patent shows that streaming is done via Wireless-N, which has well over a hundred feet of range, and can communicate through walls.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#10ChojinXPosted 9/15/2011 11:46:42 PM
So...its an iPad....with buttons....people should just wait until iOS apps use Air Play with apps on Apple TV, its cheaper.
---
Buck the Bunny is my hero