Idea for the next metroid game

#1Sh4rkb1t3Posted 9/12/2011 7:15:59 PM
Why don't they make half the game a FPS like Metroid Prime, and the other half of the game 2D like the original metroid? The camera would zoom out to size view in certain areas, like the morph ball segments in the Prime series.
#2brainfreeze10Posted 9/12/2011 7:57:49 PM
Sound terrible.
---
*Mariokart: 5327-1821-0811*_*Brawl: 3181-1870-7986*
*GH3: 1246-9108-7621*_*MH3: Maynard*
#3neloangelo6661Posted 9/12/2011 11:09:29 PM
It doesn't matter what perspective you choose. The developers have to make sure the tone and atmosphere are right. The best part of Metroid games is the isolation. With no dialogue, you use the environment to tell the story. The first Metroid Prime got it right. It was First Person Metroid Perfection. I will never forget the first Prime.

Where the sequels failed comes from trying to tell too much story. Big thing about the second Prime, twice the amount of cutscenes. Does anyone remember them? Biggest thing about Prime Corruption, more cutscenes and voice acting.

Why, if the focus was on a more cinematic storytelling design, did neither sequels stick in my mind like the first Prime? It was how well the story was told through the environment. Developers don't seem to realize that the more interaction you give the player during a moment of story progression, the more invested they become in the story. That is why quicktime events became popular.

This is also where Metroid Other M fails. While I still have yet to play it, I have watched through the cutscenes. While I do admit I liked the story to a degree, there were far too many cutscenes and dialogue for a Metroid game. I sensed a level of linearity which further degrades a Metroid game. Exploration is a BIG part of the game and part of that exploration is discovering the story within the environment your exploring.

Prime is the prime example of what a Metroid game should be. Perspective is meaningless as long as they get the elements that make a Metroid game right.

On the other hand I would like to see a spin on the series like perhaps you take on the role of a rival bounty hunter, or you take on the role of resourceful bounty target who Samus has trouble collecting. That kind of shift in perspective would be interesting though they would work better as short stories rather than game scenarios.
---
To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
#4GogglesFrogPosted 9/13/2011 2:28:28 PM
No neo. ALL must be assimilated!!!

Everything must be the same, stamp out the uniqueness!!!
---
"....teaching them to observe all thing I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." -Jesus.
#5strongo9Posted 9/13/2011 6:43:34 PM
No. Can we please stop with the hybrid Metroid games? I'd rather we have 2D side-scrolling Metroid games and 3D FPA Metroid games.
---
Want Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword!
#6MW2_Main_MenuPosted 9/13/2011 6:46:15 PM
Make it 2D or 3D FP. I don't care.
---
GT: MW2 Main Menu and Movie Premiere
Games playing: EDF: Insect Armageddon Red Faction: Armageddon CoD: Black Ops Halo Reach Halo Wars
#7GalcianPosted 9/13/2011 6:51:40 PM
Yah a straight-up Metroid Dread 2D side scroller for the Wii U or 3DS would be awesome. Castlevania has recently taken its platforming on the consoles with Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, so Metroid Dread could easily fit in on a console
---
Help bring Xenoblade to North America. It's a Wii RPG with a score of 92 on Metacritic
http://i.imgur.com/OV3uK.jpg | http://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall
#8hyrulelslPosted 9/13/2011 7:41:42 PM
Make Samus a badass again.
---
So many moms, so little time.
#9AnthonyBrock2Posted 9/13/2011 8:44:23 PM
Well we always hear about her being a bounty hunter...why not actually show her doing some bounty hunting?
---
Gamertag:SS4Anthony
Team-Share in Victory, Share in defeat.
#10VanderZooPosted 9/14/2011 12:47:01 AM
3rd person action-rpg would be cool. Similar to mass effect, you can choose which planets to fly to, explore uncharted areas of space, take on optional bounty quests.
---
Now trembled before your death. For be it my mask, or be it your blood, red will be the last color that you'll ever see.