MH4 promo for 3DS, What this could mean 4 the U

#1TottentanzPosted 9/12/2011 11:20:10 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/09/12/monster-hunter-4-trailer

If a MH4 title is released, considering Japan is getting 3G this year I believe, this could mean that they could be planning a cross plat form release next year for the U and 3DS like SSB.

Considering DQX is being released between the Wii and Wii U, the ground has already been set for odd cross platform interaction where one iteration has lesser graphics while the U will have the higher version even though both would be playing the same game.

Anyway, I am excited that they have a version of MH4 in the works that may just be the 3DS game that makes it outside of Japan.

This also is good news for the U considering SSB interaction between the 3DS and Wii U is being done as well which may help inspire Capcom to consider some interesting ways of pulling off co-op beyond just Arena play.

I cant wait until after TGS to find out more about what Capcom has up its sleeves with Nintendo concerning the U.
#2JackalPosted 9/13/2011 4:10:37 AM
If this game doesn't come out for a console I'll pass on it. I've never been a fan of the portable MH games. I hope the TGS can clear this up for us all.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#3bigjclassicPosted 9/13/2011 4:36:07 AM
This is a megaton, I didn't know MH4 was a 3DS game. Sony fans will not like this, but I hope a connection between 3DS and Wii U for this game happens. Gamers can share the same online space whether they game on the Wii U or 3DS.

Ponders possibilities...
---
PSN: classicviolence <people=ignorance>
My channel: youtube.com/classicviolence
#4TerotrousPosted 9/13/2011 4:56:11 AM
MH is FAR more popular on portables than consoles in Japan, because it's easier for the Japanese to play together on the subway or at lunch that way.

Not surprising a handheld would be the main platform here.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES Bonkers"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#5JackalPosted 9/13/2011 5:17:30 AM
Then it can be like the PSP and PS3 versions of MHP3rd/HD. We can play PSP/PSP, PSP/PS3, PS3/PS3. If this happened and it was 3DS/3DS, 3DS/WiiU, WiiU/WiiU then I could live with that. I would be on the WIi U myself.

I hope the TGS gives us some more details but the game is still some ways off and things could change. I'll be following this games news releases for the mean time.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#6hydra_dragonPosted 9/13/2011 12:30:25 PM
I think the Vita will also get Monster Hunter 4.
---
Godzilla for President 2012!
#7Tottentanz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2011 1:16:12 PM
hydra_dragon posted...
I think the Vita will also get Monster Hunter 4.

Think and know are two different things.

Right now nothing is for certain, but considering Capcom felt free to release this promo for it when they have yet to launch MH3G for the 3DS, due out this holiday season, then I wouldnt hold your breath that the Vita will see it any time soon considering they are just making it known that they are working on it right now without any hint of Sony anywhere on it.

How long did it take to get that MH game for the PS3 which is based on a game originally launched on the Wii?

I dont know what it is that Capcom sees in Nintendo right now, but they unexpectedly launch a new MH game on the Wii with a brand new element, and now they are advertising another new MH game with some form of free running/wall climbing which was only done on vines for the most part in the past and maybe even the ability to climb on the back of everyday monsters this go around to boot.

I honestly am right now psyched for MH4 and the idea of Devil Jho bare back riding; they could definitely have an arena event like a rodeo where you need to climb a on a ledge before Jho gets you then hop on its back for a ride which the computer times. Do you think riding the back of a monster under water would be fun? I think so. I always wanted to tame a Quropeco and ride him from zone to zone teasing Jho and summoning him all over the world just to watch him scowl as I fly away to another zone to call him again.

Yeah, the sheer plethora of ideas that are now possible if you can actually mount the back of a monster and start stabbing it for either carves or critical damage would be amazing.
#8SoulofweeweePosted 9/13/2011 1:28:11 PM
Capu Comu!
---
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
3DS FC: 4296-3115-2044. Looking forward to PSV, Wii U.
#9Madman7089Posted 9/13/2011 4:08:43 PM
Maybe Wii U will get a 4G? I don't know I don't play Monster Hunter :/.
---
Please reply to my sig. I am very insecure about my feelings.