read this

#1invizgunner27Posted 9/14/2011 12:18:31 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/nintendo-killing-itself-164557665.html

youl have to copy and paste but i found this interesting.
---
con2 fc & name. 2193-8005-9244 (Mr.Allen) message me with you'r fc if you'd like to be my friend.
#2TottentanzPosted 9/14/2011 12:24:59 AM
I can honestly say that after reading that article I lost a few brain cells from the face palm that resulted.

There should be a warning on it saying if you are prone to face palming over lack of journalistic integrity or at least at the stupidity of others then you should probably not read this article because it may cause brain damage.
#3invizgunner27(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2011 12:26:57 AM
ya it's nuts but if it's tru then nin is going south quick. not good.
---
con2 fc & name. 2193-8005-9244 (Mr.Allen) message me with you'r fc if you'd like to be my friend.
#4TottentanzPosted 9/14/2011 12:39:26 AM
If what is true? The opinion of one person based on nothing?

The only thing that happened recently was a drop in stock which happens. Consoles thrive closer to the holidays and we have quite some time before then and the actual release of MH3G for the 3DS.

Lets see, in a few months, on one platform, there are a few games that have sold over a million when there were only a little over four million 3DS portables sold which means that with those games 1 in 4 owners bought them. The competition cannot even dream of 25% of their customers buying anything of theirs. Just think, a relaunched Zelda title actually did better than some of the core titles the competition tries to brag about.

Once MH3G is released in Japan, do you really think the 3DS will be under 8 million sold by the end of the year? I would not be surprised if it actually hits over 10 million by the time next year rolls around.

As for the Wii, it is still selling, it has another price cut with no GC support in Europe, it has a DQX game coming out next year, and a new Zelda game is launching this November with close to 300,000 on the pre-order list and counting.

Yeah, Nintendo is doing just fine, the 3DS is selling fine just not to their expectations, their games are selling fine, and the media is grasping at straws to make news. If they wanted to actually prove anything, they should have shown the entire Asian market which I am certain is all seeing a drop; basing a stock drop on the TGS announcement alone is just pathetic. What makes it all worse, it seems to be the same idiot journalists that were trying to make a logical argument for Nintendo to sell out and start licensing its IPs out.
#5invizgunner27(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2011 12:50:03 AM
jeez you don't need to bite my head off i wuz just saying. and you take stuff WAY to seriously.
---
#6TottentanzPosted 9/14/2011 1:17:02 AM
invizgunner27 posted...
jeez you don't need to bite my head off i wuz just saying. and you take stuff WAY to seriously.

I take journalism seriously. I am tired of seeing people like this author having the opportunity to post utter crap as if they were a journalist when the entire thing is an opinion piece filled with nothing utterly nothing but opinion.

If you are not familiar with my continual lack of tolerance towards shoddy writing then I guess you missed me tearing into some articles and even creating an account on one site to call out the author for even writing the article and titling it the way she did; she responded by trying to dismiss it by her tiny little disclaimer in her shock based title that was completely off base.

I will never take it easy on journalists like this.
#7LimblessQuasarPosted 9/14/2011 1:27:24 AM
Jesus Totz, that was intense.

I didn't really think it was that bad, honestly. It was just speculation, and it's not like it really meant anything.

Does anyone actually believe Nintendo is on the verge of collapse? Even if the Wii U struggles, they've ALWAYS undersold and under-shipped their home systems. Remember all the shortages with the Wii? They'll likely do the same thing with the Wii U (to a lesser degree). The thing about Nintendo is that they're very cautious, they do sometimes limit their growth potential because of it, but they're not going to go and pull a Sega.
#8GogglesFrogPosted 9/14/2011 4:21:35 AM
If nintendo fails, it'll be because of illogical bull **** like this article.

Did a memo get passed around saying "HEY COOL KIDS! WANNA BE COOL!?! PLAY YOUR VIDEOGAMES ON YOUR PHONES AND IPADS!" that I didn't get??
---
"....teaching them to observe all thing I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." -Jesus.
#9GogglesFrogPosted 9/14/2011 4:26:43 AM
LimblessQuasar posted...
Jesus Totz, that was intense.

I didn't really think it was that bad, honestly. It was just speculation, and it's not like it really meant anything.

Does anyone actually believe Nintendo is on the verge of collapse? Even if the Wii U struggles, they've ALWAYS undersold and under-shipped their home systems. Remember all the shortages with the Wii? They'll likely do the same thing with the Wii U (to a lesser degree). The thing about Nintendo is that they're very cautious, they do sometimes limit their growth potential because of it, but they're not going to go and pull a Sega.

By the way the internet is acting you'd think they were already dead and buried. There's been this inexplicable backlash of resentment towards them ever since the 3DS launched and it just keeps growing every day. I mean, half the topics on this board are people digging up any and every "nintendo/Wii U in the toilet" article they can get their hands on.

I'm starting to think it's a conspiracy by the competition.
---
"....teaching them to observe all thing I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." -Jesus.
#10blunderminePosted 9/14/2011 6:30:01 AM
"Nintendo doesn't get that nobody wants Nintendo gaming systems anymore."

So one system sells a piddly 5 million units in its first six months and all of a sudden no one wants any product the company makes... right