You think the WiiU will ditch their ancient and idiotic online approach?

#1flagg2kplusPosted 9/14/2011 4:27:07 AM
Will they actually embrace online play as the huge force it is, or keep acting like it's just a fad?
---
Winning isn't everything, but it's the only thing that matters.
#2darkjedilinkPosted 9/14/2011 4:43:02 AM
They already confirmed an online system similar to PC's.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#3Tom_Green_IIPosted 9/14/2011 5:09:08 AM
I sure hope so...... otherwise I am done with Nintendo
#4SorsShinjoPosted 9/14/2011 5:18:38 AM
they said something about working close together with other companies to not restrict them etc. missing any definite facts, which can be interpreted in 2 ways:
-they get input on how to do it right and do it right, which could ne nice
-they won't do anything and will let every developer have their own system, which would suck horribly

taking the wii and 3ds approach as trends I'd guess its the second option, but who knows
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWlbEzM1UJc
WRRYYYYers was here, Ash is a loser.
#5ArabrockermanXPosted 9/14/2011 7:19:23 AM
Well its going to have it but the details aren't known.
#6J22InSpiritPosted 9/14/2011 7:27:50 AM
The new online approach will be one of the best new features of the Wii U, and also about time. Lol
It's pretty disappointing that Mario Kart Wii is their best online game, minus the hackers of course.. Lol

Don't even get me started on the last couple races I been in, especially when this guy was in first place dropping bombs on whoever was behind him. Lol
---
J22 Spirit
#7Oni_TaedoPosted 9/14/2011 7:48:00 AM
flagg2kplus posted...
Will they actually embrace online play as the huge force it is, or keep acting like it's just a fad?

It IS a fad, consumers are just too damn stupid to realize that. Online doesn't make a game fun.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#8LinetrixPosted 9/14/2011 8:39:36 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
flagg2kplus posted...

It IS a fad, consumers are just too damn stupid to realize that. Online doesn't make a game fun.

Someone never played Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#9TottentanzPosted 9/14/2011 9:08:06 AM
If you want an idea of some of the stuff they are thinking about for the new online, specifically what 3rd parties are doing, then go to youtube and check out the Ghost Recon Online portion of the Ubisoft Roundtable that took place after E3.

They go into detail about the Ghost Feed and describe the idea of "always on."
#10mcsmellingtonPosted 9/14/2011 9:10:43 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
flagg2kplus posted...

Wow. Just wow.
---
GT: McPoo