I really hope this won't have the "Warning" screen when you turn it on

#1FunkyKong84Posted 9/14/2011 3:24:26 PM

Please don't bust our privates again N.

#2SoulofweeweePosted 9/14/2011 3:31:45 PM
As much as I love the Wii, I agree with this. One warning is enough.
---
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
3DS FC: 4296-3115-2044. Looking forward to PSV, Wii U.
#3darkjedilinkPosted 9/14/2011 3:39:07 PM
Well, considering how anti-gaming the current US President is, it's just a matter of time before that warning is required by law.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#4ZimbabweBobPosted 9/14/2011 3:41:33 PM
Has there been a pro-gaming president I missed?
---
there's something that doesn't make sense... let's go poke it with a stick.
MWR FC:4529 2522 5149 COD BO:1828-2895-7645 MHT:3HYE7P
#51stbasemanbeckPosted 9/14/2011 3:47:45 PM
I don't know why games aren't as respected a medium as films (which I realize were also looked down on as bad influences long ago). I saw a show the other day where two NJ inmates attempted breaking out of jail in a way that mimicked the Shawshank Redemption. Better go slap some warnings on that one! #nannysociety
---
Support PHYSICAL (not digital) distribution, and keep control of games in the hands of customers. Also, buy the game NIER. It may not be perfect but the music..
#6Prince ShondronaiPosted 9/14/2011 3:52:27 PM
ZimbabweBob posted...

Our previous one wasn't too bright, but he did know that it's a parent's responsibility to raise a child, as opposed to a video game's.
#7Omega_BlackPosted 9/14/2011 4:05:16 PM
Prince Shondronai posted...
ZimbabweBob posted...

Our previous one wasn't too bright, but he did know that it's a parent's responsibility to raise a child, as opposed to a video game's.

Looks like this one does, too.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/697508/microsoft-responds-to-obamas-anti-gaming-rhetoric/

"To parents, we canít tell our kids to do well in school and fail to support them when they get home. For our kids to excel, we must accept our own responsibilities. That means putting away the Xbox and putting our kids to bed at a reasonable hour. It means attending those parent-teacher conferences, reading to our kids, and helping them with their homework..."

It's a known fact the Obamas own a gaming console too (Wii).

However, the day gamers don't get upset about politicians using video game product names in their overall rhetoric is the day hell freezes over.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#8LimblessQuasarPosted 9/14/2011 4:18:11 PM
Honestly it means nothing to me. It's like those little, "This game was made by a culturally diverse group of people and reflects beliefs that are purely their opinion" etc. etc. etc.

If they really feel the need to have it, good for them. The two seconds it takes to skip bothers me naught.
#9meiyukiPosted 9/15/2011 5:28:30 AM
It's more about the lawyers and crazies out there. By crazies I mean the people that think any game is the spawn of satan. I wish I had the article but I once saw some group warning parents about pokemon because it would make your kids violent due to the competitive nature of the game. It's amazing that anyone would listen to someone who's lost their mind to that degree. Then there's that jack whatshisname that would probably call mario a violent video game.

In this regard pop culture really doesn't help though, if you look at the "cool' games that win all the awards at things like the video game awards(what insult that is) it's always the GTA's or some rapper's latest bloodbath.

But ultimately the warnings are just a CYA, much like the kids under 6 might maybe, possibly, in some parallel universe be harmed by the 3d effect on the 3ds. So when some lawyer comes to sue them when a moron does something stupid they can just say "hey look we warned them, not our fault they ignored it."
#10EndgamePosted 9/15/2011 9:35:57 AM
I guarantee you that there is nothing that Dubya knows that Obama doesn't also know

NOTHING
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert