The Single Player MMORPG

#1OkihayPosted 9/14/2011 10:36:50 PM
Minigames shown in Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort could be implemented into a free roaming world where you play as your Mii. There could also be elements from Animal Crossing and other Nintendo games. You can invite players if you've registered them as friends, and other such things.

C/D
---
http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/
#2goiterboy07Posted 9/15/2011 2:42:49 AM
No, just no.
---
ye
#3darkjedilinkPosted 9/15/2011 6:13:34 AM
The single-player MMO has already been done, and it's terrible - it's called Star Trek Online.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#4meiyukiPosted 9/15/2011 6:16:20 AM
Have mmos been dumbed down so much that people don't even know what the letters stand for?
#5ZimbabweBobPosted 9/15/2011 6:25:46 AM(edited)
An oxymoronic statement if I've ever read one. Pop Quiz: what does MMORPG stand for? Massive MULTIPLAYER Online Role playing game. Now if you don't mind I'm gonna play MHT and solo Ala ( with 3 other people).
---
there's something that doesn't make sense... let's go poke it with a stick.
MWR FC:4529 2522 5149 COD BO:1828-2895-7645 MHT:3HYE7P
#6darkjedilinkPosted 9/15/2011 7:18:34 AM
meiyuki posted...
Have mmos been dumbed down so much that people don't even know what the letters stand for?

Yes. The need for other people is so rare that there are games that don't rquire it at all.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#7EndgamePosted 9/15/2011 10:31:37 AM
free to play korean Action MMORPGs these days allow you to solo most content if you're good enough, yes, but World of Warcraft and the like still require you to group with other people in order to accomplish anything at the level cap (unless you want to try your hand at soloing old content that you outlevel)

.....which is why I quit WoW, other people are such ****ing morons, it doesn't matter if I read Elitist Jerks to get information on optimal skill rotations, what stats to stack, etc., because some idiot will get us all killed by failing at something simple anyway (yes, what you heard is true, people in WoW ARE stupid enough to stand in fire!)
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#8meiyukiPosted 9/15/2011 10:45:35 AM
The question was semi-sarcastic, and it's not about soloing. Single player mmo is a total oxymoron. An mmo is a specific type of game, if a game is single player it's not an mmo. And likewise just because a game is multiplayer doesn't make it an mmo either. I don't think the TC has the slightest, tiniest clue what an mmo is. It's like starting a topic about great rpgs and going on and on about tetris.
#9ShibutoPosted 9/15/2011 9:34:42 PM

Yes. The need for other people is so rare that there are games that don't rquire it at all.

To add to that...most of the community in MMOs actually complain that certain things are not "solo-friendly"...

Makes me wonder if they even know what they're playing...
---
Ps3 is like a bomb, cause of all the game! -Tekken9292