Why the Wii U has no gamecube controller ports

#1ImJordanPosted 9/21/2011 1:04:00 PM
The Wii U controller basically already has all the same buttons as the gamecube controller , so theres really no need for gamecube controller ports . The only thing missing is backwards compatiblity imo
#2CPUXPosted 9/21/2011 1:07:07 PM
Since I am always right, and you are always wrong, I am going to completly dismiss any factual things you have to say.

Also, darkjedilink never has anything inteligent to say.

/thread
---
3DS FC - 3136 6793 8146
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22u_45M90s4 - I suck at Goldeneye ;-;
#3HomstarRunnerPosted 9/21/2011 1:33:38 PM
Same number of buttons =/= same controller. The button layout for the A/B/X/Y buttons is completely different between the GameCube and Wii U controllers, which would make many GCN games (Super Smash Bros. being a good example) extremely awkward to play, even if Nintendo allowed customizable button layouts. Also, I'm assuming the triggers aren't going to click like the GCN controller's triggers did, which pretty much ruins games look Super Mario Sunshine that rely on them.
---
Make your own SNES cartridge graphics: tinyurl.com/sneslabel
PSN: ThePieManOfDeath
#4CPUXPosted 9/21/2011 1:36:31 PM
Well, the GC VC rumor, could always be...you know... a rumor. Or they could make pressure sensitive buttons. You know.

It's kind of their job...to build things. Granted, the 3DS is pretty much a slap in my face whenever I bring out this argument, but nevertheless...

...At least they TRIED to fix that monstrosity...
---
3DS FC - 3136 6793 8146
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22u_45M90s4 - I suck at Goldeneye ;-;
#5EndgamePosted 9/21/2011 5:01:58 PM
because Nintendo wants to sever themselves from everything that once made them good?

I mean, the Gamecube controller is the best controller, Gamecube was the last great system, and other such things
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#6_LordAndSaviorPosted 9/24/2011 11:32:49 PM
The thing that pisses me off, is the fact that we can't connect the controller straight to the system like with the GameCube controllers. The classic controller needs to be plugged into a Wiim controller and that sucks.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#7GameMaster14GMPosted 9/24/2011 11:42:17 PM
maybe we have to buy...a periprhrial to connect gcn controllers, or usb converters
---
Erick GM14 1590-4689-0365
#8Wario_manPosted 9/25/2011 7:42:50 AM
I'm guessing if enough people complain they'll most likely make a similar thing to the Classic Controller for those gamecube games and games that use a similar control scheme, if they aren't already working on it. Do we even know for sure if the Wii U is Gamecube game compatible?
---
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
#9yoshiyo187Posted 9/25/2011 9:05:17 AM
What console has controller ports for something 2 generations back

I request a Wavebird U ;)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-DaJGGDoNI
I have lived
#10darkjedilinkPosted 9/25/2011 9:15:53 AM
Wario_man posted...
I'm guessing if enough people complain they'll most likely make a similar thing to the Classic Controller for those gamecube games and games that use a similar control scheme, if they aren't already working on it. Do we even know for sure if the Wii U is Gamecube game compatible?

It will not be able to play GameCube discs. This was announced in an interview at E3.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu