Operation Rainfall HD Collection

#61darkjedilinkPosted 10/20/2011 8:50:35 AM
AceMos posted...
^ more numbers from your bum

does it hurt to yank that many numbers out of there?

Which ones - the break-even point (a number that's been around since the PS2 launched, and is an accepted standard for non-HD AAA titles), the launch price (based on the launch price on every AAA Wii title), or the cut the retailer gets (50% is minimum on low-ticket items)? I'll admit, the other figures may be skewed, but changing them around realistically won't affect anything, unless someone can actually link the dev costs of Xenoblade.

None of that changes the fact that, at an estimate of 150k sales in America (dreaming), it'll be one of the worst-selling Nintendo titles ever, on their best-selling home console ever, and it won't be worth all the effort to launch it because of that.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#62IcedEarthaholicPosted 10/20/2011 12:08:38 PM
Dreaming you say? I'd say the 150K sales figure is much more realistic than saying it'll sell millions upon millions of copies. Plus, Nintendo has been making money hand over frigging fist! It's not like they can't afford to have a niche title come out to cater to the core fans once in a while. That 7,000? Try close to 10,000 here, and multiply that times 15, that's what I feel Xenoblade would sell.
---
PR Advisor and Co-Founder for United For Tales:
http://www.unitedfortales.org/
#63darkjedilinkPosted 10/20/2011 12:28:24 PM
Gremio6181 posted...
Dreaming you say? I'd say the 150K sales figure is much more realistic than saying it'll sell millions upon millions of copies. Plus, Nintendo has been making money hand over frigging fist! It's not like they can't afford to have a niche title come out to cater to the core fans once in a while. That 7,000? Try close to 10,000 here, and multiply that times 15, that's what I feel Xenoblade would sell.

It doesn't matter if a company can afford something - if it won't make that company money, it isn't a worthwhile venture. Since you're seemingly willing to admit that they won't break 500k total sales (even if you ARE lying about how many OR signatories there are), then you should be willing to admit that it isn't a worthwhile venture.

At the very least, I hope you'd be grateful if it is launched in the US. I have my doubts, though.
---
Darkjedilink has what most would consider the Triforcelightning.
-Nintendojitsu
#64AceMosPosted 10/20/2011 1:19:45 PM
1. u make all the fasn who stand up for NoA's choice look bad

2. nitnedo has often relesed gaems knowing that it will mkae minimal to no profit just to be nice to its fans look at metroid yes it generly turns a profit but look at it this way retro has proven to be a VERRY good dev team nintendo could make more money if they had retro make say a mario game

but they dont becuse they know metroid has alot of fans so they go for it knwoing that they could mak ea larger profit else where but go for this small profit

3. u cant jsut go 'xenoblade is a verry good grpahicly lookin game so it has to have costalot to make" did you ever think xenoblade may have used a engine that vastly chepaens the costs? its amde by monolith soft they are verry good about getign alot of horse power out of things (look and xenosaga ep 3 somethign they knew full well wouldnt sell that much but still had a better looking gmae than ep 1 and 2)

4. as thigns stand with xenoblade its falls into the possible huge hit sometimes niche games like it can just explode and be super popular

5. as ive said before hand xenoblade would have been relesed agaistn tosn of AAA and S class games makign it a hard sell but in januwary (when i think we may get it) it will have less to face and have a better chance of selling
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*