"7 Gadgets That Won't Be Around In 2020" including video game consoles

#1strongo9Posted 10/19/2011 4:56:04 PM(edited)
This has to be one of the stupidest tech articles I've ever read. The writer sounds like a Apple fanboy that knows little about the markets of all of the products he mentioned. Video game consoles are part of a niche market, they aren't going anywhere.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/717/7-gadgets-that-wont-be-around-in-2020
---
Want Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Super Mario 3D Land, Skyward Sword,
Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Paper Mario 3DS, and Luigi's Mansion 2!
#2Stefan1277Posted 10/19/2011 4:43:52 PM
Came across this earlier, it's obviously made by someone who has no experience on... anything related to technology. The wii struggles? why of course, it already sold what it had to, what the hell is this person talking about? consoles have a given life span too, like cell phones, cept cell phones last 4 months only.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
#3strongo9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2011 4:49:02 PM
I'm surprised that the writer didn't say something as dumb as, "dedicated gaming handhelds are going to get killed off of by smartphones."
---
Want Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Super Mario 3D Land, Skyward Sword,
Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Paper Mario 3DS, and Luigi's Mansion 2!
#4Nowhereman24Posted 10/19/2011 4:49:45 PM
The only thing he was really right about was CDs and DVDs. It is inevitable that CDs and DVD's will go out but almost everything on that list was horrible.
#5Stefan1277Posted 10/19/2011 4:53:39 PM
But the cd and dvds thing is obvious. You don't need to get a phd to know that.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
#6TheUltraGameBosPosted 10/19/2011 5:00:54 PM
strongo9 posted...
I'm surprised that the writer didn't say something as dumb as, "dedicated gaming handhelds are going to get killed off of by smartphones."

Probably, the author was stupid enough that they forgot to put that stupid argument against videogame consoles and handhelds in their stupid article dedicated completely to being stupid :)
---
I am THE Ultra Boss
#7Pit107Posted 10/19/2011 5:35:33 PM
It's Yahoo. Is this some sort of surprise to anyone?
---
"Watch out for Dr. Eggman! Him and his homophobots won't stop at any cost to ruin Sonic's plan to celebrate his new lifestyle!"-iGiac
#8Mavrick588Posted 10/19/2011 5:53:07 PM

The only thing he was really right about was CDs and DVDs. It is inevitable that CDs and DVD's will go out but almost everything on that list was horrible.

CD's won't be gone, because blu ray is an advancement of CD technology.

The Wii will also be gone.
But that doesn't mean that Nintendo will be gone, they will merely have advanced and evolved.
Just like the CD has.
---
"Video-games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll"- Shigeru Miyamoto
#9pikachupwnagePosted 10/19/2011 5:56:03 PM
Apples hand is so far up that guys *** that he is spitting up applesauce.

What crap the current home consoles are struggling becuase the market is saturated and the economy is in the toilet.
---
Wii U... just be glad its not Wii P. Anyone who uses Nintendrone=troll
Official Special OPs beserker general and pokemon trainer of the NDF.
#10IcedEarthaholicPosted 10/19/2011 8:32:05 PM
Yeah, I read this article myself, while there's some valid points such as standalone GPSes eventually going to the wayside, consoles? How about no. Surprised though, that the guy didn't say something like physical media for consoles. I would've LOLed at that one. Lemme put it to you this way, the day that happens is the day I give up on games.
---
PR Advisor and Co-Founder for United For Tales:
http://www.unitedfortales.org/