Aonuma: "We'll See" for voice in future Zelda game

#1CloudStrife630Posted 12/2/2011 8:36:11 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/02/eiji-aonuma-and-koji-kondo-on-voice-acting-and-zelda-39-s-future.aspx

I can see where they're coming from, but I think voice acting would give it another dimension. In the end I don't care if they put it in or not. I'll still play the game, but I think it would be nice.
#2SkyCrackersPosted 12/2/2011 8:58:38 PM
I think it really depends on the tone of the game. TP would have been fine with voice acting, but not so much SS, and WW(mostly WW). If you added voice acting to WW(that matched the game's style and tone), it would go from being a game that adults can fully enjoy to being an overly childish game that adults would feel embarrassed to play, imo.

If they go for a more realistic, serious style, then voice acting would be good.
---
Mega Man X is the best Mega Man game, and has one of the greatest soundtracks of all games.
#3BrokenBandit84Posted 12/2/2011 9:08:08 PM(edited)
NO VOICE ACTING!!! Not now or ever. It has no business in ANY video game and ESPECIALLY not Zelda. They are GAMES not Disney Movies. Dialogue boxes work just fine for every element of game including the story.

But if Nintendo does decide to do it, I will respect their decision (though I personally am against it). It's their game so they should choose whether or not it should have voice acting. And it should be THEIR choice. They shouldn't let the fans try to force it on them.

---
"American Gamers will play anything as long as the graphics are good" -- Shigeru Miyamoto
#4CloudStrife630(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 9:22:49 PM(edited)
BrokenBandit84 posted...
NO VOICE ACTING!!! Not now or ever. It has no business in ANY video game and ESPECIALLY not Zelda. They are GAMES not Disney Movies. Dialogue boxes work just fine for every element of game including the story.

But if Nintendo does decide to do it, I will respect their decision (though I personally am against it). It's their game so they should choose whether or not it should have voice acting. And it should be THEIR choice. They shouldn't let the fans try to force it on them.

BUT LOOK AT THIS DEMO! It would go so well with VA! ;_ ;

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-wii-u/716072
#5sVybDyPosted 12/2/2011 10:10:00 PM
This is the Zelda version of the Sonic cycle.

>New Zelda game announce!
>WILL IT HAVE TEH VOICE ACTING?!?
>"no... it... it doesn't..."
>"LOL, WE'LL SEE MAYBE NEXT TIME"
>"HURRAH!"
>wait five years
>New Zelda game announce!
>WILL IT HAVE TEH VOICE ACTING?!?
>"no... it... it doesn't..."
>"LOL, WE'LL SEE MAYBE NEXT TIME"
>"HURRAH!"
#6tYRE_602Posted 12/2/2011 10:12:20 PM

NO VOICE ACTING!!! Not now or ever. It has no business in ANY video game

http://i43.tinypic.com/4qm0pw.gif
#7SragentThomPosted 12/2/2011 10:19:02 PM(edited)
Voice acting help immense you more in the game. Only Zelda fanboys resent it because of their blind faith in Nintendo and the popular by Internet games such as Zelda CDI
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7VGdc0ixSg&feature=related
Super Ronald Kart
#8CloudStrife630(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 10:29:13 PM
SragentThom posted...
Voice acting help immense you more in the game. Only Zelda fanboys resent it because of their blind faith in Nintendo and the popular by Internet games such as Zelda CDI

The thing is, even if you are a Zelda fanboy, why would you not welcome it? I'm so confused. I love FFVII, but if they were to remake it, I'd rather they add VA. Like you said it's more immersive and I think you can get a better "identity" of characters. I'm not complaining but I think it just brings a new element to the game.
#9LimblessQuasarPosted 12/2/2011 10:39:44 PM
I dunno. I just don't see it as being necessary, and as mentioned above, it would be odd for some past games in the series anyway.

My interpretation of the Zelda series has always been just that - my interpretation. It's like reading a book. I hear Link's voice as one thing, you hear it as something else. Same goes for Zelda and whatever other characters there are. If they're going to have VA's, I just think they need to be perfect.
---
This is GFaqs, where the words 'noob,' 'fanboy,' and 'troll' basically mean the same thing.
Every opinion is invalid till backed up.
#10choasenninjaPosted 12/2/2011 10:41:24 PM
As long as Link stays quiet I'm fine
---
.Name: Doug. Wii Code: 4863-7067-7820-9897 PSN: Choasenninja
SC: Talim, Amy/Viola, Natsu... Blazblue: Noel, Mu-12