Reggie hints at price, does not sound good

#51JackalPosted 12/28/2011 9:06:11 PM
He's "Reggie". You can't expect anything more.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#52Limelight788Posted 12/28/2011 9:30:10 PM
slugboss posted...
I hope it is in the 400-500 range, than it may actually be able to compete nextgen when Playstation and Xbox release at those prices. By the looks of it though, it is going to be 300-350 and alot of the manufacturing cost will go into the controller...

Why would you want it to be deliberately overpriced? Isn't being able to save money a good thing?
---
Official Victini of the SSB4 Boards.
Victini Support Group here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/60387233
#53DetroitLolcatPosted 12/29/2011 2:03:13 AM
I was originally thinking $299.99-$349.99, but now I'm thinking it will most likely be 350 or 400 dollars. Honestly, I don't think it will do well if the price is $399.99, but if Reggie's just trolling (or overestimating "higher disposable income") and it's $299.99 I could see it doing well.

No matter what, I see the Wii U having a bad, bad launch. One major benefit that the WIi had was that it was cheap COMPARED TO THE OTHER CONSOLES. The PS3 was more than two WIis and the 360 was still more expensive, while the WIi was cheaper and more innovative than its competition. This time, the WIi U will have to compete with the PS3 and 360 at launch, just like the WIi did. The only difference now is that the PS3 and 360 aren't that expensive anymore and the WIi U will not have the price advantage. The best-case scenario is that the Wii U and PS360 will be on equal footing, and the worse case scenario is that the Wii U will actually have the price disadvantage.

If people see the Wii U as "just another Wii", then it will not have anything over the competition and will struggle out of the gate. If people buy the "iPad controller" scheme (since 'gimmick' is a four-letter word here...), then it might do well. All I know is the Wii U isn't half as innovative as the Wii was, and the things that made the Wii win this generation were accessible price and the fact that it was the most innovative.

Fortunately since the PS4 is a Sony console it will most likely be $999.99 and the NextBox will probably have hardware problems, so Wii U can win :P
---
Must beat Pre-Hooktail Pit-Run on TTYD. Previous attempt: Floor sixty-something. I'm getting worse D:
#54Megaman OmegaPosted 12/29/2011 7:30:42 AM(edited)
It's funny. We got people bashing the system for costing too much even though nobody knows how much it is going to cost, while at the same time we got people bashing it for having "bad graphics" despite nobody knowing its final graphic capabilities. The demands here are ridiculous, everyone wants it to be the best, most advanced and cheapest console at the same time.

Here's a tip: instead of throwing a tantrum and spending a lot of time argue about the price, how about spending that time actually doing something and earning some money. There, you can now use the money you've earned to pay the price difference.
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#55PrimedMetroidPosted 12/30/2011 10:10:07 PM
Megaman Omega posted...
It's funny. We got people bashing the system for costing too much even though nobody knows how much it is going to cost, while at the same time we got people bashing it for having "bad graphics" despite nobody knowing its final graphic capabilities. The demands here are ridiculous, everyone wants it to be the best, most advanced and cheapest console at the same time.

Here's a tip: instead of throwing a tantrum and spending a lot of time argue about the price, how about spending that time actually doing something and earning some money. There, you can now use the money you've earned to pay the price difference.

Or build a gaming PC and play Battlefield 3 and the like, even though I didn't because I'm poor. =(
---
I'm PrimedMetroid, and I'm about playing games... the right way!
3DS Friend Code: 2015-8876-1993
#56leeko_linkPosted 12/31/2011 1:33:16 AM
Fortunately the Wii U should be no more than $250 unless Nintendo had other excuse to add $50 more bucks to it. $200 for the console itself and $50 for making it backwards compatible with Wii games is all I want out of the new console. I'll keep my Wii for my GCN games eventually.