Assassin Creed exclusive ideas for Wii U

#1TottentanzPosted 12/30/2011 10:23:38 AM
Set in Tokugawa Japan during their over 200 years of isolation when the only outside trade was allowed to the Dutch on a tiny island off the coast of Japan and no boat design was allowed to be made that was able to do actual sea travel, coast line fishing only.

The time period is fraught with interesting notes from the time Tokugawa started and moved the capitol to Kyoto to the end of it when the Meiji Empire started and the rampant pace the Japanese took to become industrialized(industrial revolution in a fraction of the time).

The fun things that can occur is that through the Dutch trade firearms in the most modest form can show up.

Assassinations did occur during that time period of relative peace.

Another interesting point is that the samurai became more than just soldiers with swords during this time, they became anything from landlords to farmers when they were not needed on top of their stipend from their lords. They were given land to run by their lord or given some duty to support themselves with some families having very little to spare had some abandoning their lives to become Ronin or worse.

They could easily make 3 games from this era especially with the entrance of the Meiji empire the radical changes that occurred moving from old traditions to modern tech.

I know that Ubi is a bit Euro centric with their views on games, but if they want to expand on the Assassin's Creed series, Japan is wide open for this game.

Oh, lets not forget that before Tokugawa, the other periods in history were filled with mini-civil wars between families, Catholicism became a fad where nobles would spit out Latin prayers to each other because it was "cool"(one of the reasons Tokugawa did away with foreign trade was because of this), constant strife with the mainland including a famous sinking of an invasion force from China(Tsunami took them out or did it?[AC plot?]), and many many interesting things that occurred.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a few bits of history and thoughts on a possible AC spin off that could occur which thanks to the trade routes could still involve the original blood line and his future Japanese kids.
#2LimblessQuasarPosted 12/30/2011 6:28:21 PM
Sounds cool. Being a bit of a history buff, I'd love to see something like it.

Just wanted to add, we obviously don't know what it's going to be yet, but for anyone who says "lol Ubi wouldn't give Wii U exclusive," just consider how closely their economic success this gen has been tied to the Wii. I remember reading a few months back that something like 70% of their annual revenue came from the Wii and mobile games. I can dig up the source if anyone doubts that...
---
When gaming goes to the cloud, I'm done. I don't buy things to not own them. Its like buying a time share in Mexico. -Seperath
BLIZZARD! Where is TLV 3!?!?!?!?
#3DavCubePosted 12/30/2011 7:31:47 PM
Anything to get us out of the Altair/Ezio loop, i say. Though why this would particularly be on the Wii U is a headscratcher to me.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube