While it's on my mind (regarding the Zelda series)...

#1ZuuFPosted 12/30/2011 4:14:57 PM
I would like to hear your opinions and thoughts for optional items in the next Zelda game, even though no one with the power to add such thoughts will probably bother to look at this post.
Please don't post anything that would not possibly be used in a game, even though as I said before, people with the power to use such ideas probably won't ever see this topic.

As for me, there are two items I would like to see as optional items:

1. Considering that Nintendo went as far as to add trains to Spirit Tracks, I'd like to see something else a bit more modern in the series...an old Spanish(esque) rifle, like those seen in old film reels about when the Spanish conquered South America, or actually used during that time. It would be used like the bow, but provide more damage than an arrow, but would have to be reloaded after every shot.
Just one thought.

2. I would like to see masks brought back into the series as optional items. Specifically, the Hero's Mask (Wind Waker), but give more use than seeing an enemies' health/hit points. I'm thinking that it could be used to see spirits, as well as work like the Lens of Truth (OoT). It would be essential to complete some side quests, but optional for whatever story the next game would have.

One more thing;
I personally don't like the "timeline" stuff (to be nice about it), to say the least, if not less. I think that each game should be left alone with its story, unless specified as a direct sequel. This is just my opinion, and it doesn't bother me that other people disagree.
---
Savant Syndrome
#2jillwarrenPosted 12/30/2011 5:48:30 PM
Call of Duty: Hyrule Edition.

"Gannon was pretty tough until I got to the 50 Cal. While I kept him pinned down, called in an air strike and that was all she wrote. Triforce is in the back of the truck, Zelda."
---
I serve Jesus, not men: Can we just talk about video games?
Currently Playing Darksiders/ Ratchet and Clank/ Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex Edition
#3darkjedilinkPosted 12/30/2011 6:03:30 PM
I can't really think of an ITEM, only a gameplay thing I miss - stealing from a store, ala Link's Awakening.

"You got it for free! Are you proud of yourself?"

"I told you you had to pay for that. Now you will pay the ultimate price!"

It was really cool, and pretty funny - from then on, everyone called you THIEF. Hilarity.

"Hey, THIEF. Can I ask you something?"

"THIEF, can you watch my Bowwow?"

"THIEF, climb the mountain and awaken the Wind Fish!"
---
Official Scout Sniper Platoon Leader of the NDF
#4Sol_ClydePosted 12/30/2011 6:35:46 PM
ZuuF posted...

I personally don't like the "timeline" stuff (to be nice about it), to say the least, if not less. I think that each game should be left alone with its story, unless specified as a direct sequel. This is just my opinion, and it doesn't bother me that other people disagree.

Same here. Fitting Zeldas in a timeline is just chaotic.
---
I draw kemono. KEMONO
Kemono geijutsuka desu.