Why does the tablet controller exist?

#1__Cam__Posted 1/24/2012 2:26:49 PM
I'm not a troll. I liked the Wiimote, and I love the 3DS. However, I just think the tablet controller is such a cop-out. Nintendo clearly did this to combat the Smartphone/Tablet category eating into their market share.The tablet controller doesn't seem like it can appeal to anyone. The age of resistive touch displays is faaar over, not to mention that everybody is so used to touch screens that the idea isn't really novel.
---
Hi! This is where something witty and clever is supposed to be!
#2loveless9Posted 1/24/2012 2:36:00 PM
It does more than just touch controls.

Eh, who am I kidding. I dunno whit about the WiiU controller.
---
"This is either sarcasm, a joke topic, or this guy is serious." - Johnman65
#3ZenithianHeroPosted 1/24/2012 2:40:10 PM(edited)
Except it isn't much of a tablet/handheld when on its own. The controller I think is a fun novel idea. A screen on the controller can open up some neat ideas.

I say "why not?" over "why bother" really.
#4StickMen1090Posted 1/24/2012 2:47:18 PM
Controller not Final things can be changed. There is no use whining about some thing because we know nothing about the final product or even the features it can do. And how many people buy and play the Ipad or the Iphone? Now imagine the people who can play Real Games with a similar thing like the WIi U
#5darkjedilinkPosted 1/24/2012 2:49:50 PM
Cam424 posted...
I'm not a troll. I liked the Wiimote, and I love the 3DS. However, I just think the tablet controller is such a cop-out. Nintendo clearly did this to combat the Smartphone/Tablet category eating into their market share.The tablet controller doesn't seem like it can appeal to anyone. The age of resistive touch displays is faaar over, not to mention that everybody is so used to touch screens that the idea isn't really novel.

The DS cambe before the smartphone/tablet gaming phenomenon. The Upad is the bottom half of a DS with sticks added, only larger. They're merely taking the DS philosophy and adding it to a sweet console.

Also, starting a troll post with "I'm not a troll" doesn't help your case at all.
---
Official Scout Sniper Platoon Leader of the NDF
#6Starwars4JPosted 1/24/2012 3:01:45 PM
Cam424 posted...
The age of resistive touch displays is faaar over

Are you...seriously trying to say that you think the capacitive touch screen is an advancement over the resistive touch screen rather than a different type? You are aware that resistive touch screens are significantly better for gaming right? More accurate by far. Please tell me that was a joke, and not genuine ignorance.

not to mention that everybody is so used to touch screens that the idea isn't really novel

Yup, that's why no modern devices have touch screens, because people are sick of them and they're not exciting anymore.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7loveless9Posted 1/24/2012 3:03:45 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Cam424 posted...
not to mention that everybody is so used to touch screens that the idea isn't really novel

Yup, that's why no modern devices have touch screens, because people are sick of them and they're not exciting anymore.

Ding ding ding ding.
---
"This is either sarcasm, a joke topic, or this guy is serious." - Johnman65
#8__Cam__(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2012 3:05:22 PM
People are going to be disappointed with the fact that the tablet uses resistive technology. That's like Nintendo making a huge deal about a revamped online platform, but the console only has wired ethernet.
---
Hi! This is where something witty and clever is supposed to be!
#9StickMen1090Posted 1/24/2012 3:12:15 PM
Cam424 posted...
People are going to be disappointed with the fact that the tablet uses resistive technology. That's like Nintendo making a huge deal about a revamped online platform, but the console only has wired ethernet.

Nothing Confirmed but feel free to troll
#10Zero_ManiacPosted 1/24/2012 3:23:01 PM
Could someone enlighten me about the different types of touch screens? There's resistant, and what else?
---
Not changing this sig until a Star Fox is out for Wii U
If you're a Star Fox fan, and want a new game, put this in your sig.