will mario party ever have online?

#1MozilllaPosted 1/25/2012 8:13:17 PM
it would be awesome but the problem is you have people droping out if they were losing... you think nintendo will ever do it though?
---
How Many Licks does it take for a cat to wash its fur
#2FeiBenaresPosted 1/25/2012 8:38:11 PM
maybe... I hope so.
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Currently playing: Tales of Phantasia (GBA), Animal Crossing (DS)
#3Board_hunter567Posted 1/25/2012 8:41:24 PM
Well, they let Fortune Street go online, and those games take forever to complete.
So yeah, I see it happening at some point.
#4darkjedilinkPosted 1/25/2012 8:59:12 PM
I hope not - the whole point of the games is LOCAL multiplayer.
---
Official Scout Sniper Platoon Leader of the NDF
#5MarioParty2Posted 1/25/2012 9:22:16 PM
Mozillla posted...
it would be awesome but the problem is you have people droping out if they were losing... you think nintendo will ever do it though?

Maybe if the developer was smart enough, if anyone drops, they turn into a CPU.
---
PSN- Lamburghini89 GT-FerrariParadise
#6IlikeBacon16Posted 1/25/2012 9:42:37 PM
MarioParty2 posted...
Mozillla posted...

Maybe if the developer was smart enough, if anyone drops, they turn into a CPU.

This. Mario Kart 7 already does this. They should at least have mini-game mode online.

and as crazy as it may sound, some people just do not have access to local multiplayer. I am one of them.
#7bluesplus1Posted 1/25/2012 10:08:37 PM
If Mario Party had online and supported voice chat, I'd totally buy it.

I too, don't have many opportunity for local multiplayer, so being able to play it online would be a great way to increase replayability granted we are able to chat with the other players.

Just thinking about all of the trash-talking, hilarious conversations I'd have sounds delightful. =)
---
XBL name - bluesplus1
#8Someguy_13Posted 1/25/2012 11:16:44 PM
Mario Party is capable of making the best of friends hate each other temporarily.

Can you imagine what total strangers would be like?
---
Brawl FC: 1633-3855-5205
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#9Starwars4JPosted 1/25/2012 11:47:18 PM
That would take all the fun out of it, tbh. There's no strategy in Mario Party, it's a fun time to be had seeing everyone's face. This would be...well a hollow shell of the experience. However since people follow "ONLINE MP" like sheep rather than thinking about this, if it doesn't have online MP there will be rivers of tears.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#10bluesplus1Posted 1/26/2012 12:01:19 AM
Starwars4J posted...
That would take all the fun out of it, tbh. There's no strategy in Mario Party, it's a fun time to be had seeing everyone's face. This would be...well a hollow shell of the experience.

I'd have to disagree with you.

If they support voice chat, you can still interact with them.
Hell, if the Wii U Tablet has front-facing cameras, they may show everyone's face on the screen ala Star Fox 3DS' multiplayer.

You'd not only be able to see who you're playing with, but you can (potentially) have a really good (or potentially creepy...especially if you're a girl. O_O) time making fun of each other, trash-talking, etc. as if they were there in your room.

It would be an awesome experience.
Also, it's not like online play is mandatory. What's with the hate?
---
XBL name - bluesplus1