will mario party ever have online?

#11Starwars4JPosted 1/26/2012 12:15:12 AM
bluesplus1 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
That would take all the fun out of it, tbh. There's no strategy in Mario Party, it's a fun time to be had seeing everyone's face. This would be...well a hollow shell of the experience.

I'd have to disagree with you.

If they support voice chat, you can still interact with them.
Hell, if the Wii U Tablet has front-facing cameras, they may show everyone's face on the screen ala Star Fox 3DS' multiplayer.

You'd not only be able to see who you're playing with, but you can (potentially) have a really good (or potentially creepy...especially if you're a girl. O_O) time making fun of each other, trash-talking, etc. as if they were there in your room.

It would be an awesome experience.
Also, it's not like online play is mandatory. What's with the hate?

You really think voice chat and a shakey cam is the same experience as sitting in a room playing something like this with people you know? They're entirely different experiences.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#12SMASHKING84Posted 1/26/2012 12:58:06 AM
Board_hunter567 posted...
Well, they let Fortune Street go online, and those games take forever to complete.
So yeah, I see it happening at some point.

wait that has online?
---
Offical Jester of the NDF TP is the best Zelda ppl who agree:41 Justice Served!
#13SMASHKING84Posted 1/26/2012 1:00:01 AM
darkjedilink posted...
I hope not - the whole point of the games is LOCAL multiplayer.

You act like it's either or.
mario party online for ppl who don't have freinds living near them who own wiis
---
#14CloudStrife630Posted 1/26/2012 1:00:43 AM
Starwars4J posted...
bluesplus1 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
That would take all the fun out of it, tbh. There's no strategy in Mario Party, it's a fun time to be had seeing everyone's face. This would be...well a hollow shell of the experience.

Hell, if the Wii U Tablet has front-facing cameras, they may show everyone's face on the screen ala Star Fox 3DS' multiplayer.

You'd not only be able to see who you're playing with, but you can (potentially) have a really good (or potentially creepy...especially if you're a girl. O_O) time making fun of each other, trash-talking, etc. as if they were there in your room.

You really think voice chat and a shakey cam is the same experience as sitting in a room playing something like this with people you know? They're entirely different experiences.

I would like online. Some of us like myself, who can't see his family maybe for like once or twice a year would appreciate it if it had online. Then I can be able to play with my brothers.
#15darkjedilinkPosted 1/26/2012 8:59:17 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
I hope not - the whole point of the games is LOCAL multiplayer.

You act like it's either or.
mario party online for ppl who don't have freinds living near them who own wiis

Yep, cuz shooters, racing games and fighters that went online didn't totally destroy local multiplayer.....
---
Official Scout Sniper Platoon Leader of the NDF
#16SMASHKING84Posted 1/26/2012 2:00:23 PM
idk what you mean if your refering to the conduit that's one thing but that's not what i meant most games with online have local multiplayer.
if your refering to not being able to play a friend locally because she/he'd rather play online well here's an idea play online with him/her.

at least you have an option of playing with them ppl like me don't because i don't have millions of ppl living near me that even one a wii let alone any that would play mario party with me and because nintendo is too lazy to add an option to play online

if they have online and local multiplayer you have no right to complain is not like nintendo will limit what you can do on local play and let all the fun modes be online only hell brawl showed us they'd rather do the opposite.
---
#17darkjedilinkPosted 1/26/2012 2:14:52 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
idk what you mean if your refering to the conduit that's one thing but that's not what i meant most games with online have local multiplayer.
if your refering to not being able to play a friend locally because she/he'd rather play online well here's an idea play online with him/her.

at least you have an option of playing with them ppl like me don't because i don't have millions of ppl living near me that even one a wii let alone any that would play mario party with me and because nintendo is too lazy to add an option to play online

if they have online and local multiplayer you have no right to complain is not like nintendo will limit what you can do on local play and let all the fun modes be online only hell brawl showed us they'd rather do the opposite.

....and nobody plays Brawl locally, even though online play sucks. Same with Conduit, GoldenEye or any other game with an online multiplayer component. The fact is, online play destroys local multiplayer in pretty muchevrything it touches. Online play won't add anything to Mario Party, and will destroywhat people play it for in the first place.

Besides, is an option I can't use (because nobody plays locally) really an option?
---
Official Scout Sniper Platoon Leader of the NDF
#18SMASHKING84Posted 1/26/2012 2:31:04 PM
That's not my problem maybe now you know what it's like to not be able to play ppl locally
and no people will always play locally the problem is finding them.

you know what your being awful hypocritcal you except us that can't connect locally to do without but if ou had online you could connect online as long as have have online.
Is it my fault the option exist but you refuse to use it?
no but at least you have an option i don't i can't magically play with my friends if i could i would.

I tell you this hardly anyone plays online if they have people to play against irl.
If they had friends who want to play with them the only time they would connect online is when there freinds are busy or they want 4 ppl but can only find one.

their are some who play online even though they have friends irl but i would say at least 95% of players oline either have no friends they can play with or there friends don't want to play at the time they want to.
---
#19Zero_ManiacPosted 1/26/2012 2:54:12 PM
No. Mario Party stopped being good a few games ago.
---
Not changing this sig until a Star Fox is out for Wii U
If you're a Star Fox fan, and want a new game, put this in your sig.
#20bluesplus1Posted 1/26/2012 5:22:37 PM
Starwars4J posted...
bluesplus1 posted...

Did I say they were the same experience?
No, I didn't. >_>

However, you said having online would be a "hollow experience," to which I replied with a method for it to bring a great sense of interaction with the other players.

Compared to Brawl, this is a whole new realm of interactivity. I'd take it any day.
---
XBL name - bluesplus1