No Tomb Raider, what else?

#1LimblessQuasarPosted 1/26/2012 2:57:53 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6349248.html

As you probably have all seen. Who else is probably going to opt the "no port" route? I like the comment made by the Director, but I think it's pretty much what they all said about the Wii as well, so I can't take it too seriously.

...I don't think was posted yet...
---
Its only like 70 years away. By then, ill just be hitting my stride. Like the PS3. - Skul_
#2scrubking2006Posted 1/26/2012 3:00:52 PM
It's a bad sign when 3rd parties are already making excuses to not make Wii U games. : /
---
newlevelgaming.blogspot.com
#3Wiiplayer111Posted 1/26/2012 3:01:18 PM
To be honest I thought Tomb Raider was a PS3 exclusive. Last ones I really were into was the ones for the PS1.

Anywho I'd rather a rebuilt one than a port. Use the Wii U to the max.
---
I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at your head.
A mod couldn't disprove my logic, so he removed the dispute button.
#4kinglink13Posted 1/26/2012 3:11:22 PM(edited)
They did not say there won't be a Wii U version, she said there would not be a direct port.

They could be making a version that's exclusive to the Wii U.

It's just the articles blowing what she's said out of proportion.
#5Ryan SiPosted 1/26/2012 7:27:02 PM
They did not say there won't be a Wii U version, she said there would not be a direct port.

Yes, when the sequel comes out for the other consoles, Wii U will get the original with touchscreen controls and DLC on the disc.....
#6Sol_ClydePosted 1/26/2012 9:37:44 PM
Nothing of value was lost.
---
kemono achisuto desu
Currently playing: Shining in the Darkness (Sega Genesis)
#7poultrygeist1Posted 1/26/2012 9:56:13 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
To be honest I thought Tomb Raider was a PS3 exclusive. Last ones I really were into was the ones for the PS1.

Anywho I'd rather a rebuilt one than a port. Use the Wii U to the max.

The Tomb Raider Crystal Dynamics trilogy were pretty good and were multiplatform. In fact even the original Tomb Raider wasn't PS exclusive, it also came out on the Sega Saturn and PC, in fact I think the PS was the last of those three consoles to get Tomb Raider.

Anyway, I figured this was going to happen. Developers will feel obligated to shoe horn in unique wii u features and the Wii U ports will be the weakest versions if you're forced to use those tiny analogue nubs and deal with touch screen nonsense midgame.