wii U is nextgen. comes with recycled games?

#1skrillas1337Posted 1/26/2012 4:18:18 PM
whats the point of having a next gen system if the games are the same as the old gen?
#2LimblessQuasarPosted 1/26/2012 4:25:55 PM
When the Playstation launched, it got some ports. When the Dreamcast came out, it also got some ports. When the 360 launched, it also got some ports. It's what happens at the beginning of every new gen.

We won't really know what the console holds till mid-2013.
---
Its only like 70 years away. By then, ill just be hitting my stride. Like the PS3. - Skul_
#3Super_Master23Posted 1/26/2012 4:30:50 PM
Wait until this year's E3 to see the new games. It wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to reveal all its secrets over a year from the console's launch, right?
#4thundercat2600Posted 1/26/2012 4:30:58 PM
Aren't you excited? I can't wait for Nintendo to re-release their entire catalog yet again, this time in HD.
---
Nintendo stock price the day before WiiU was announced: 26510
Nintendo stock price today: 10340
#5bluesplus1Posted 1/26/2012 4:46:41 PM
The troll is strong with this one.

It's not like the Wii, PS3, 360 all had ports of last-gen games when they first came out...Oh wait...they did.
---
XBL name - bluesplus1
#6Prince ShondronaiPosted 1/26/2012 5:04:14 PM
skrillas1337 posted...
whats the point of having a next gen system if the games are the same as the old gen?

No point at all. Thank goodness that's not what'll be happening.
---
Never feel like an idiot again:
Only do smart things.
#7Starwars4JPosted 1/26/2012 5:13:39 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Aren't you excited? I can't wait for Nintendo to re-release their entire catalog yet again, this time in HD.

Nah who do you think they are, Sony? Yay more "HD collections" ahoy!
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/26/2012 8:44:16 PM
Starwars4J posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Nah who do you think they are, Sony? Yay more "HD collections" ahoy!

I think they are Nintendo, that makes you rebuy the same overpriced VC games on the Wii and 3DS if you want them on both. Rip off masters at nintendo and they still lost their asses because of the 3DS' rip off launch price and poor software for the 3DS and Wii.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#9Pac12345Posted 1/26/2012 9:35:17 PM
Ignoring the tablet controller and motion controls altogether, this fact (Which has happened in every console cycle) should point out that the offering of new experiences has come to a halt.

Think about this for a moment: What kind of experience could not be replicated in a current gen console? (Again, forget the tablet controller and motion controls). In fact, I dare you to mention at least 1 new feature that could not be replicated by any current gen console USING STANDARD CONTROLLERS.

We have, HD, 3D, online, analog triggers, keyboard compatibility, cameras (PlayStaion EYE), clickable analogs, plastic guitars and drums, DLC, microphones, surround sound, local multiplayer, level editors... etc. Counting all of these assets, and taking motion controls (And the new controller tablet) aside, name me a single genre or a gameplay mechanic that could be REVOLUTIONIZED, IMPROVED OR EXPANDED BEYOND WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE.

What I'm getting at is this: Every single "next gen" game is essentially a "current gen" game but with improved visuals, sound and maybe a "new" gameplay mechanic (The latter is debatable, since new gameplay mechanics are already in existence or under-used which in itself is different than "new" altogether).

If it wasn't for motion controls and now the controller tablet, this upcoming gen IN TERMS OF GAMEPLAY MECHANICS (Not story story-telling, character development, subject, themes, etc.) would be a repeat of this current gen but with updated performance (Visuals, sounds, and online connectivity).

In fact, if you completely ignore the new tablet controller, there wouldn't be much of a point for Nintendo to upgrade, other than offering a true Wii HD and improving their online infrastructure. Why? Because no "experience" that a new Nintendo console without an innovative controller could offer could not be replicated in today's XBOX 360/PlayStation 3