Anyone else putting money aside for this already?

#1zaingasmPosted 2/15/2012 7:10:21 PM
I'm putting my tax money aside to start saving up for this.

Who else is doing the same?
---
PSN:ZainEatsAirplane
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9981-2913
#2fuzi11Posted 2/16/2012 5:09:59 AM
Hmmm, I spent way less than I earn, so I actually don't need put money aside. If I fell in love with the Wii U, I will just go and buy it. But i'll see after e3
#3MrArtistPosted 2/16/2012 6:57:06 AM
Need more info before I take the plunge, been unfortunately disappointed in the Wii, even though my favorite games of this gen are Mario Galaxy 1, 2. I can imagine that E3 will be a big deciding factor for a lot of gamers with the Wii U. But if you got the tax money, why the heck not!
#4iMURDAuPosted 2/16/2012 7:05:31 AM
I plan on using next years tax refund on it. I think Wii U is going to have a huge buzz and who knows if Nintendo learned anything from the Wii launch? I have way too much on my plate to spend a day in line on launch day, or spend months on a preorder list hoping for a phone call, or call/visit every retailer in a 50 mile radius after launch asking if they're getting a delivery.
---
**Knope for City Council 2012**
Bobby Newport never worked a day in his life
#5JackalPosted 2/16/2012 8:05:30 AM
This again...

$0

I have no idea if I'm going to get it yet because I don't know enough about the games. So far there is nothing that I want to play on it.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#6sebetaiPosted 2/16/2012 3:16:05 PM
I have enough right now if the system is $400 and 3 games are $59.99 a piece. Hope the system is $300 though. I can forgive the game prices.
---
I loved, i lost, and i saw boobies. what more can a man ask for?
A teenage girl? Perry the teenage girl!
#7LiteMatterPosted 2/16/2012 6:32:49 PM
Why anyone would buy a console from them at launch after the 3ds is beyond me. ill just wait till they most likely drop the price of it after 5 months by $80.
#8Enigma149Posted 2/16/2012 6:38:40 PM
LiteMatter posted...
Why anyone would buy a console from them at launch after the 3ds is beyond me. ill just wait till they most likely drop the price of it after 5 months by $80.

I dunno, maybe because they like being early adopters? Or because they know that, even with a price drop, Nintendo will at least try to make up for it with an ambassador program?
#9SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/16/2012 7:02:55 PM
Enigma149 posted...
LiteMatter posted...

I dunno, maybe because they like being early adopters? Or because they know that, even with a price drop, Nintendo will at least try to make up for it with an ambassador program?

Which proves his point. Why get a WiiU at launch when not buying it could possibly get you an ambassador like program with free stuff?

If anything, Nintendo did nothing but make people expectant of free goods everytime they flop a launch now. And the customers can force a flop easily. See both the 3ds and vita launches for proof.

If they come out and say they won't do a free deal/early price reduction if the console doesn't meet expectations like the 3ds, they could still do more harm than good to the fans that used the "logic" of wait 4 months for a price drop and free games. It could potentally make fencesitters wait longer for the price drop.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#10SSJMarioPosted 2/16/2012 7:22:33 PM(edited)
Buying any console at launch is stupid.

EDIT: Unless you buy it to make a profit. Profit dude is also a jerk though since he bought a console that could have potentially gone to someone who genuinely wanted one.
---
PSN=bowserkick