• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendoomed?
3 years ago#1
Read the article it may surprise you!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/337311/features/nintendoomed/?page=1
---
Move & Kinect are a Wii bit to late. I hate motion now.
3 years ago#2
It saddens me to be honest. This is curently my first time on the board and i was a Nintendo fanboy to death. I would defend it over Microsoft/Sony any day. And now its really dissapointing.

They have to say screw the super casual market and go for the more mainstream or else they're done. Also they need some innovation, its time to start coming up with some new stuff.
---
Leaves from the vine, falling so slow like fragile tiny shells drifting in the foam.
My cousin is David Hasselhoff. Believers: 10
3 years ago#3
Coop14 posted...
It saddens me to be honest. This is curently my first time on the board and i was a Nintendo fanboy to death. I would defend it over Microsoft/Sony any day. And now its really dissapointing.

They have to say screw the super casual market and go for the more mainstream or else they're done. Also they need some innovation, its time to start coming up with some new stuff.

Not true at all. The casual market made Wii the #1 7th Generation console. Did you even read the article? A huge amount of the losses Nintendo has suffered are due to the Yen kicking ass and other currencies sucking horribly.
---
Number of people who would "totally [censored] Penny" from Advance Wars DOR: 17
SAVE DERPY HOOVES from the foul hooves of censorship and bigotry!
3 years ago#4
Coop14 posted...

Well, I can tell you didn't read the article. And considering Super Casual is the largest market and the biggest money-maker it would be stupid to ignore them now. Just move over we have to share Nintendo with Casuals, blame it on the Wii, Apps Store and Angry Birds.! LOL
---
Move & Kinect are a Wii bit to late. I hate motion now.
3 years ago#5
This is honestly why I think the Wii U won't compete with the 720/PS4 on power, nor SHOULD it. To compete with them on power would be to sell the Wii U at a steep loss, something they cannot afford to gamble on considering the 3ds is already selling at a loss. Nintendo needs to focus on GAMES. That's what it does best and that's where it distinguishes itself from its competitors. Nintendo needs to launch the Wii U at a competitive/affordable price and make amazing games, and lots of them. They need to make new IPs and release existing ones more frequently. I do not think Nintendo should focus on getting third-party support at the expense of making a super powerful console--they don't need it and the gamble may not pay off anyway. Nintendo needs to occupy its own niche and be that system that its fans will buy regardless, and the system that 720/PS4 owners will buy in addition to the 720/PS4 for the unique Nintendo experience.
3 years ago#6
Nintendo can afford to sell at a loss if it means more game sales.
---
Number of people who would "totally [censored] Penny" from Advance Wars DOR: 17
SAVE DERPY HOOVES from the foul hooves of censorship and bigotry!
3 years ago#7
Gaming King posted...
Nintendo can afford to sell at a loss if it means more game sales.

Yeah, true, but selling at a loss won't guarantee a large enough boost in sales. It's risky.
3 years ago#8
mistermerk posted...
To compete with them on power would be to sell the Wii U at a steep loss

I know you make many incorrect statements, but I feel the need to correct this one for you. Competing in power with the PS4 and 720 (which by all accounts it will be more than capable of doing) by no means would necessitate selling at a steep loss. Need I remind you of Nintendo's history of selling the more powerful console for a cheaper price? There's absolutely no reason why that same thing couldn't be repeated. How many generations has Nintendo had the least powerful console? That's right, one. Given that you're probably fairly young, I wouldn't expect you to know much beyond the Wii era, but to try and predict future consoles as being weak, when even developers at Crytech are drooling, because they had one weaker console is just silly. It's like if people KNEW the PS3 would be a weakling because of the PS2.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
3 years ago#9
mistermerk posted...
This is honestly why I think the Wii U won't compete with the 720/PS4 on power, nor SHOULD it. To compete with them on power would be to sell the Wii U at a steep loss, something they cannot afford to gamble on considering the 3ds is already selling at a loss. Nintendo needs to focus on GAMES. That's what it does best and that's where it distinguishes itself from its competitors. Nintendo needs to launch the Wii U at a competitive/affordable price and make amazing games, and lots of them. They need to make new IPs and release existing ones more frequently. I do not think Nintendo should focus on getting third-party support at the expense of making a super powerful console--they don't need it and the gamble may not pay off anyway. Nintendo needs to occupy its own niche and be that system that its fans will buy regardless, and the system that 720/PS4 owners will buy in addition to the 720/PS4 for the unique Nintendo experience.

You didn't read the article at all, did you?
---
Resistance is TASTY!
3 years ago#10
Starwars4J posted...
mistermerk posted...
To compete with them on power would be to sell the Wii U at a steep loss

I know you make many incorrect statements, but I feel the need to correct this one for you. Competing in power with the PS4 and 720 (which by all accounts it will be more than capable of doing) by no means would necessitate selling at a steep loss. Need I remind you of Nintendo's history of selling the more powerful console for a cheaper price? There's absolutely no reason why that same thing couldn't be repeated. How many generations has Nintendo had the least powerful console? That's right, one. Given that you're probably fairly young, I wouldn't expect you to know much beyond the Wii era, but to try and predict future consoles as being weak, when even developers at Crytech are drooling, because they had one weaker console is just silly. It's like if people KNEW the PS3 would be a weakling because of the PS2.

Oh, according to him, anything before Nintendo released the Wii is irrelevant, because it totally destroys his argument.
---
Resistance is TASTY!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendoomed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived