Grand Theft Auto V

#1FunkyKong84Posted 3/6/2012 5:13:21 PM

It would be the best 3rd party move after the AC3 from Nintendo. I really hope it will come to the WiiU. Whatcha think?

#2CloudStrife630Posted 3/6/2012 5:17:30 PM
Yeah, it definitely would look good on Nintendo's part. We already know how Ubisoft likes to release games for every system known to man. And GTA is a big time seller.
#3Board_hunter567Posted 3/6/2012 5:58:54 PM
People seem to have this weird impression that Rockstar hates Nintendo and won't release their game on a "kiddy" system.
It all depends on what Rockstar wants to do though (and perhaps how well Nintendo can court them), but I can't imagine them saying they wouldn't want more money.
#4iMURDAuPosted 3/6/2012 6:31:05 PM
Idiots think Rockstar is against Nintendo meanwhile I'll go back to playing Bully on Wii and Chinatown Wars which was designed specifically for the DS %P

GTA V will most likely come out on Wii U because Rockstar like any company likes to make money. All platforms means more cash flowing.
---
**Knope for City Council 2012**
Bobby Newport is off cavorting in Spain with some floozy. Pawnee deserves a candidate that spends all her time here.
#5rndmhero69Posted 3/6/2012 8:12:24 PM
Rockstar may have brought Chinatown Wars to the DS, but as you know it bombed hardcore. I can guarantee GTA 5 will never come to the Wii U. A top down GTA Chinatown wars was as far as they are gonna go. It was specifically made for the DS because if they would have brought an actual game like GTA 4 to the DS, it would look and play horribly. PS3 and 360 will be the only GTA 5 systems.
#6CrystalKing5426Posted 3/6/2012 8:51:24 PM
Rockstar had legitimate reasons not to bring the GTA to Nintendo consoles earlier. Gamecube discs were too small, and the Wii wasn't strong enough. Now there is no reason why they shouldn't.
---
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game: People who agree: 133
#7bigdaddydmacPosted 3/6/2012 11:27:34 PM
They shouldn't because Nintendo sucks end of story.
---
psn:BigDaddyD-Mac
"Before society can move forward, we all must agree upon the rules! Now Kneel!" -Galvatron
#8Skul_Posted 3/6/2012 11:36:44 PM
Lots of trolls in this topic.

If you dont like the U, get the hell off my lawn.
---
Official Head of the Department of Education for the NDF.
I am awesome. People who dont agree: 0 on GAMEFAQS. Alot irl.
#9STE573Posted 3/7/2012 1:16:41 AM
I think R* will wait to see what the initial adoption is to get an idea of the market share. No point in investing money in a port to a platform that doesn't have a big user base.

I mean combined the 360 and PS3 have well over 100 million units in homes, a huge prospect customer base.

I do however think that the Wii U is still going to be seen as the casual option, I mean how many families are going to sit around the TV taking turns slaughtering Prostitutes?
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X
#10TottentanzPosted 3/7/2012 1:47:16 AM
What sense would it make for them to not put it on the Wii U?

They could do a direct port with almost no cost based on developers stating on how easy it was to get their games up and running on even the early dev kits, and the actual use of the touchscreen was noted by Nintendo as being optional. Vigil even pointed out that it took less than 5 minutes and a couple lines of code to get their game streaming on the controller, so that grizzly family portrait mentioned earlier should be replaced by a family around the tv watching it while little Timmy is playing GTA V on the contrablet with some headphones on or in another room.

Again I ask, what sense does it make not to put it on the U?

Almost no cost to do a direct port, and they get the opportunity to build a base on a new system rather than ignoring it. Looking at how much money companies are willing to shell out to advertise their game, it seems like a drop in the bucket to do the bare minimum port and limited run of discs to see how things pan out.