Safe to say you better pre-order asap

#1jaymart_2kPosted 3/16/2012 8:30:40 AM
If it turns out like the Wii then be prepaired for a 4-6 month sell out at all stores.

I remember back then it was like no store knew when they would get them. It was just random.

If you weren't their when they put them out then my the time it took to get their they were gone.

Even Ebay had the consoles selling for $400 or more at the time.

Now I'm not saying this will happen again.

Do you think Nintendo fail to meet supplie damands again?
---
3DS FC: 3265 - 5225 - 6750 (JayMart )
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k
#21shadetail1Posted 3/16/2012 8:41:05 AM
Doesn't matter to me, I never buy new systems at launch. I tend to wait until the first price drop, not just for the lower price but also because by then, they'll have a better game library. And on top of that, that gives them time to find and fix the hardware glitches that every new console always has.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3ArabrockermanXPosted 3/16/2012 8:54:49 AM

If I think it might turn out like Wii I will pre-order 2-3 and take them to eBay....

Turn a nice little profit then wait till good games come out.

#4JackalPosted 3/16/2012 8:57:06 AM
I never pre-order systems. If I can't walk into a store and pick it up then I don't bother. Unless I'm ordering an Import model.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#5Birthday SuitPosted 3/18/2012 4:37:20 PM
I got a Wii on launch without a pre-order, but I'm going to pre-order Wii U anyways.
#6Thomas83LinPosted 3/18/2012 4:51:59 PM
preorder asap? we don't even know the release date. is anyone actually already taking pre-orders?
#7mercurythewhitePosted 3/19/2012 12:30:29 AM
jmw posted...
If it turns out like the Wii then be prepaired for a 4-6 month sell out at all stores.

I remember back then it was like no store knew when they would get them. It was just random.

If you weren't their when they put them out then my the time it took to get their they were gone.

Keep in mind, Nintendo purposely kept supply low to increase the hype/demand. They slowly released more and more out of Japan over time but this was calculated and artificial.
---
White Light, White Heat.
#8andrea987Posted 3/19/2012 12:50:30 AM
mercurythewhite posted...
jmw posted...

Keep in mind, Nintendo purposely kept supply low to increase the hype/demand. They slowly released more and more out of Japan over time but this was calculated and artificial.

You're probably right, but that doesn't change the fact that,if you want one at lanch, you better pre-order.
In UK, as far as I know, the only website taking pre-order is Zavvi, and they've been showing a 'sold out' on them (meaning you can't pre-order) for the last 2 weeks.
#9Gaming KingPosted 3/19/2012 1:20:18 AM

Has that ever been confirmed? Not that I necessarily doubt it.

Also, bad economy equals less people buying game systems.
---
Number of people who would "totally [censored] Penny" from Advance Wars DOR: 17
SAVE DERPY HOOVES from the foul hooves of censorship and bigotry!
#10DeathSoul2000Posted 3/19/2012 3:13:59 AM
jmw posted...

lol i doubt it
---
Super Nintendo Defender system