A Nice Nugget of Wii U Info from an Alleged "Insider" on Neogaf:

#141kinglink13Posted 3/19/2012 3:12:34 PM
superh posted...
Makes sense to me. I mean if the Xbox360 or PS3 had to process and graphically render 2 screens at once in real time, you could cont on less than HD graphics from those consoles.

The fact that the Wii U can still maintain true 720p graphics whilst rendering for another screen just shows that the Wii U has some serious power behind it!

If the Wii U didn't use it's controller screen for anything apart from very simple menus in 480p, we could expect a 1080p game.

If this is true, it's great news.

That's true, I did not even think about that, rendering two different screens takes a lot of power and that means the Wii U will be a very powerful system, plus if devs don't use the Upad at all or use it for simple things we will have 1080p games.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#142JKatarnPosted 3/19/2012 3:18:03 PM(edited)
mistermerk posted...
kinglink13 posted...
mistermerk posted...
ddd87 posted...
kinglink13 posted...
ddd87 posted...
kinglink13 posted...
He WAS talking about the console and what it can display on your tv, depending upon how taxing the use of the controller. Basically, as far as third-party ports are concerned, you're talking 360-level graphics/performance on your tv if the Wii U Pad is being used as intended.

You do realize that that GPU in the 360 is 7 years old at this point, right? - That's pretty rickety for a console, and positively ancient in the world of PC graphics. What could possibly make you think that a new console releasing in 2012 won't be able to cost-effectively trounce the 360 where graphics performance is concerned? Even if we're talking a mid-end 4000 series Radeon derivative, that's much more powerful than the X1800 in the 360, now devs could half-ass it, but I'm sure it will have a significant power advantage over the PS3/360, it would be nearly impossible for it not to at this point. There's a lot of misinformation flying around this thread, and I find it hard to take what some random poster at a NeoGAF (with a pretty tentative grasp of grammar might I add) says seriously.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES